Notices

Suboxone Maintenance Detox Experiences??

Old 12-16-2004, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Suboxone Maintenance Detox Experiences??

I have never done anything like this online before.....Everything I've read has been doctors and information....I'm looking for personal experiences.....I'll give you all a little bit of info.

I'm 28 y.o. and I'm currently on 16ml a day of suboxone. I have had a long history of opiod dependence. I was on oxycontin for around 6 years and was highly addicted-200mgs daily.....not prescribed....very expensive. I had to get off of it. I ended up at a methadone clinic for 4 years at 140ml a day. Within the last 4 months i dropped from 140 to 25....and then cold turkey...

I would rather die than feel that again. I had convulsions, ect....I went almost 2 weeks without anything...including sleep or food.

I admitted myself into a recovery center and started on suboxone. It instantly fixed my withdrawals.....now i'm 4 months into it and scared about coming off of this....my doctor told me that your receptors heal while your on this?? And w/d will be minimal. I'm supposed to do maintenence for a year and start tapering.

Does anyone know how i'll feel?? Is suboxone just another waste of time?? Will i feel like i'm going to die again?? I don't think i could live through that again.....Please let me know if anyone has done suboxone maintenance
Old 12-16-2004, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know alot about Suboxone but I myself have have went through opiate withdrawals many of times trying to quit. I'm on day 9 today and this is probably my 30th or higher attempt at stopping. I think its safe to say that the withdrawal from Methadone is going to last alot longer than Oxy or Hydro just because of the long half life of the drug. And you have already went through the withdrawals from the Methadone, so you've done the hardest part. I think the doctor's usually taper their patients off of Suboxone, which i think is the same thing as buprenorphine. My opinion is that the hardest part is over. Good luck.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The thing about the methadone detox is yeah i went through it AND COULD NOT handle it after almost 2 weeks. Then I went on suboxone(buprinorphine). The half life of methadone is quite long but suboxone is double that. I just want to be able to someday be normal.....without a destroyed nervous system..................
Old 12-16-2004, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, I wish I knew what to tell you. I'm just a year older than you are and struggling with similar addiction. I feel for you. I'm kind of at a loss of words cause i've never used suboxone, i've only tried the cold turkey method and punished myself numerous times trying to quit and always went back. Good luck though and... regarding your name,what type of Jeep? CJ, YJ, TJ??? I have a CJ.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Its a 93 Jeep Renegade custom
Old 06-10-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Question suboxone withdrawel

fortunately, my opiate use was not that long in duration. it only took me 7 months of using 320 mg of oxycontin intranasally/day and a month of doing about about a bundle of heroin a day to hit rock bottom and have my family/girlfriend/friends stage an intervention, at which point i went to an 8 week outpatient program.

im clean since feb 18, which is like 112 days, no weed, no xanax, no nothing, except 8 mg suboxone/day. i am worried though about the eventual withdrawel i will feel from suboxone. i plan to taper off very slowly, like 7 mg for 10 days, 6 for 10 days, etc. however, i am in law school, i have a lot of pressure and just like i couldnt function as an opiate addict and had to take a semester off (i start again in the fall) i wont be able to function while withdrawing from suboxdone.

this is my first ever post and i would appreciate any stories of ppl who tapered or got off suboxone and could tell me their personal stories and whether or not they experienced withdrawel symptoms on suboxone.
thanks,
frank in manhattan
Old 10-03-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've started suboxone 12mg a month ago and tapered down every 5-6 days to halves. Now Im on 1mg and starting to feel the hot/cold,fluttery heart,anxiety etc...short term sub therapy is best in my opinion. My dr. was against my doing this but said he would support my decision.Since Dec08 after my spine surgery I was hooked on fentanyl, oxycontin(snorting), vicodin for 10 months until couple months ago tried to quit cold turkey and ended up in emergency for seizures and breathing problems. I think sub is awesome for withdrawal pain but was told not to stay on it for too long. withdrawals on subox is 75% less painful in my opinion. and less frequent. Everyones different though. I have a high metabolism and walk/jog 1hour/day. some ppl need to be on sub for awhile though. It acts as a pain reliever/anti-depressant. Hope this info helps
Old 10-03-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tina

Welcome to SR - you'll find a lot of help support and experience here...but this is a pretty old thread you're bumping ...none of these guys are still active here, but perhaps others will be along with fresh experiences

I see you've already found the Suboxone/Methodone Maintainance and Detox Forum...you can also try reading and posting in the Substance Abuse Forum for other peoples experiences, as well if you like

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D