Notices

Divorce

Old 03-31-2023, 03:43 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Thanks fishkiller and the others above.

The phrase “we make our own luck” is a bit daft, but it definitely applies with drinking. If I’d still been the dull unhealthy slob I was, I don’t think there’d be a queue of people wanting to meet me. It’s very scary to think how that would’ve ended. There’s still not a queue of people to be honest 🤣 but at least I have now some sort of positive vibes and energy to offer someone else, even at 53!

I was getting my haircut today, and I know the lady doing it is going through a divorce, and it’s slightly messy (the divorce and my hair 😩 ). I could see she was under stress. We all gossip to our hairdresser, and she knows I’ve been through a divorce too. But even at this early stage, she realises she’ll be better off. The husband sounded worse than me, but I’m only hearing one side. It feels odd having gone through a divorce and seeing others at the start of the process. I hope she’s ok.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:33 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Your whole story is very interesting to me, as I am dealing with much the same. I just read your entire thread from beginning to end. This may be me, very, very soon. Thanks so much for this thread.
Old 04-01-2023, 12:56 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

If that’s the case, I’m really really sorry to hear that, Sham. I was always so so to hear about other people’s divorces, but now I’ve been through it, albeit amicably, I really feel the pain and emotions that others go through. There’s no point in giving advice as I now reckon if a marriage has broken down, that’s it sadly. All I can say, Sham, is that there is a light at the other side. People told me that back in July and I didn’t believe it. It really is true - as long as drink doesn’t spoil things. Keep us posted, Sham, and take care.