Old 05-14-2022, 02:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
I get the vague impression you don't exactly like this bloke Lol
He's not exactly warming to me, no.
Old 05-14-2022, 03:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Were you able to renegotiate Tetrax? I'm only interested in your sobriety and your Housing.

Can you rat him out on the boombox? Lol
As it's the weekend there won't be much in the way of updates.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you’re having a bad time, Tetrax. If you think about it, you’ll be moving on eventually and probably won’t see the other guy again. Try not to get too worked up about this. Also, as people have said, drinking’s a big no no in these places, and isn’t that in your interest? Worry about yourself for now. Think about future plans after a few weeks and months of sobriety. Don’t get drawn into battles. Good luck for now.
Old 05-15-2022, 03:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Of course you are no longer drinking in the sober living house?

I hope you get to stay, but even though the guy went about it wrong, you seem more focused on that and not really owning your own behavior in this. Not judging, just suggesting that isn’t healthy for your own recovery.
Old 05-16-2022, 02:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

If you don’t drink going forward then you won’t need to say he s a liar, it will just become obvious.

Not saying you are drinking now, just suggesting a potential conflict free solution to the problem.

You staying sober is what matters in the end, this is what the housing situation and your well-being both depend on.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Ah man. As much as I wanna be on your side Tetrax, I think you know the answer here. This guy is annoying and kind of an ******* but you know what you’re doing is wrong and as Bim said, could also hurt others. There’s no way you’re going to stay sober if you can’t first be honest with yourself and your social worker.

You’re allowed to be annoyed by others as much as you want and you’re allowed to vent that here. LBut if you aren’t staying sober, you don’t have a sturdy leg to stand on. Be honest and stop enabling yourself. I’m always rooting for you man. I think if you recommit and come clean, you may be able to stay in the group home and continue focusing on sobriety.
Old 05-16-2022, 03:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dpac414 View Post
Ah man. As much as I wanna be on your side Tetrax, I think you know the answer here. This guy is annoying and kind of an ******* but you know what you’re doing is wrong and as Bim said, could also hurt others. There’s no way you’re going to stay sober if you can’t first be honest with yourself and your social worker.

You’re allowed to be annoyed by others as much as you want and you’re allowed to vent that here. LBut if you aren’t staying sober, you don’t have a sturdy leg to stand on. Be honest and stop enabling yourself. I’m always rooting for you man. I think if you recommit and come clean, you may be able to stay in the group home and continue focusing on sobriety.
I know it, I'm trying to taper and then get myself back into the rooms. Also I just watched Walk the Line, a fantastic addiction/recovery film, and yet more motivation. Also it's very awesome to hear from you.
Old 05-16-2022, 03:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm on your side because I don't like tell tale **** as we call them in the UK
Old 05-16-2022, 03:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

The bleeped out word is not a bad word, it's a type of bird.
Just for anyone needing clarification
Old 05-16-2022, 04:00 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Just an FYI, I didn't bleep it out, those here not familiar with British wildlife did it for me.
Old 05-16-2022, 04:14 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I don't think it's a matter of "taking sides". More a matter of Tetrax getting sober and keeping a roof over his head at the same time. First things first.

Old 05-16-2022, 04:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
I don't think it's a matter of "taking sides". More a matter of Tetrax getting sober and keeping a roof over his head at the same time. First things first.
Just trying to lighten the mood Steely.
Bolstering confidence and showing kindness is first thing first for me.
Old 05-18-2022, 03:15 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

What's going on Tet? Give us an update if you're able/want to.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:56 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey @dpac414 I started a new thread (I'm finally ready to make this a Day 1). I made it to Day 2 anyway