Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Rummaging through my sober tool box I was shocked to see …..Weekenders 13 - 16 May 2022

Notices

Rummaging through my sober tool box I was shocked to see …..Weekenders 13 - 16 May 2022

Old 05-14-2022, 02:48 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Lol Polaroid no need to apologize ~ I was into a few sports, until my favorite players (eye candy) all retired so I lost interest....
Old 05-14-2022, 04:33 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Shame you're too late for the Wagatha Christie trial Kaily. (my apologies Weekenders that was a bit UK specific)

Good to see you Nefer.

Congratulations to Ukraine for winning tonights Eurovision insanity.

edit. I was glad Ukraine won but I didn't care for their entry. Sweden would have been my choice.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:47 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

yesterday was a great day.

I got to see some live music for a little bit at a neighborhood festival and got some stuff done around my place.

Old 05-14-2022, 11:05 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

I wasn’t given an opportunity to have a pcr test just the ones I have at home (lateral flow test, lft). I’ve done another test and negative again. I’m mystified. I can’t judge it on how I feel because most days I feel pretty crappy with the asthma. The doc may give me a pcr or antibody test because of the confusion.

We’ve had some Lancaster bomber planes on fly bys yesterday. I missed them but plenty of videos on fbook. They sound wonderful, just like hearing an old movie. I tried to copy a video to post but couldn’t.

Have a good sober Sunday. Love to all Weekenders xxxx
Old 05-14-2022, 11:25 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Negative is good, don't worry about it Mags. Just be on the watch for any symptoms.

End of Day 182 - Just reached home from airport. Had a great relaxing vacation. Good night from Seattle!
Old 05-15-2022, 12:08 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Shame you're too late for the Wagatha Christie trial Kaily. (my apologies Weekenders that was a bit UK specific)
Ha ha yes indeed.

​​​​​​Personally I would take the negatives and carry on as usual Mags. If you feel worse then get the Dr to diagnose.

As for Euro I didn't watch much but I did like the UK entry this year.
Old 05-15-2022, 04:58 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
GM from Honolulu. Getting ready to go to airport in a couple of hours. Back to rainy Seattle! Had a great great vacation - my first sober vacation in nearly two decades. Thanks all for the support 🙏
Worst part of any vacation, the trip home....
Old 05-15-2022, 05:04 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
...We’ve had some Lancaster bomber planes on fly bys yesterday....
My Dad would've been absolutely thrilled. The Lancaster is his favorite. He tells us stories of watching the dambuster flying practicing runs.
Old 05-15-2022, 05:56 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Saou, I had to look up Wagatha trial as you piqued my interest!
Mags, whether or which, look after yourself.
Beautiful bells pealing of a Sunday morning. It's a good day to be sober!
Old 05-15-2022, 07:10 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Sunday here!
Old 05-15-2022, 07:49 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I hope you get better soon Mags, in top shape for next Weekenders thread!
Old 05-15-2022, 08:02 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thank you
Old 05-15-2022, 09:06 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Worst part of any vacation, the trip home....
Fully agree. How did time fly so soon? Last Sunday same time, we were planning for the day , then went to the Zoo and the beach. Today, I am getting ready to check my emails and meetings for tomorrow
Old 05-15-2022, 02:36 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
saoutchik

At least you will always have the happy memories calmself (another sober dividend).

It seems like a big deal over not much doesn't it Leshar?

My flat has started to creak. It's like living on board the Titanic. I had better investigate during the week.
Old 05-15-2022, 05:02 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

...My flat has started to creak. It's like living on board the Titanic. I had better investigate during the week.
I await the results of the investigation with considerable interest!
Old 05-15-2022, 05:53 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
Fully agree. How did time fly so soon? Last Sunday same time, we were planning for the day , then went to the Zoo and the beach. Today, I am getting ready to check my emails and meetings for tomorrow
When I returned from my Oahu adventure I had planned an extra two days to recover, do shopping and get prepared. But the office was calling me immediately due to a disastrous situation which they had caused themselves. I ended up working the rest of the week and right thru the weekend to correct their follies. I was steaming mad!!
Old 05-15-2022, 09:03 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Magsie

Dragon that must’ve been annoying, you hit the ground with a sprint finish.
I remember coming back from holiday Sunday only to start work Monday. I didn’t think that through!

Saou, wonder what the creaking is. Is it connected to the soundproofing I wonder.

Kaily I hope you got sorted re the jury.

Still feeling ropey. It’s the coughing that hurts. Think I’ve pulled muscles coughing.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx
Old 05-15-2022, 10:12 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Mags have you seen or spoken a Dr? You know you can break ribs from coughing. Take care.

I hope you don't drown, Sao.

Re Jury service, I have put the form to one side but I have to complete and return it by the end of the week. I'm not good at explaining myself so can't find the words.

Alfie enjoyed his weekend and I'm sure he was the envy of many a coiffured canine.

Old 05-15-2022, 10:41 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

At least you will always have the happy memories calmself (another sober dividend).

It seems like a big deal over not much doesn't it Leshar?

My flat has started to creak. It's like living on board the Titanic. I had better investigate during the week.
Agree, Sao. Definitely planning to go again, let's see.
Old 05-15-2022, 10:47 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
When I returned from my Oahu adventure I had planned an extra two days to recover, do shopping and get prepared. But the office was calling me immediately due to a disastrous situation which they had caused themselves. I ended up working the rest of the week and right thru the weekend to correct their follies. I was steaming mad!!
That is rough. I have to report back to work tomorrow and still pretty jet lagged being the first day after landing here.

One thing I wanted to tell was, I had a slight interaction with AV on two occasions.
1. On Kalakaua Ave where we go for walking in the evenings, my wife asked me - Can we go to Mauii Brewing and have one beer? She just takes a sip and gives it to me. Knowing that I said no. She was a bit upset.

2. While coming by Hawaiian airlines, they said every adult can get a complementary Mai Tai. AV started to chatter. But I closed the convo with it by getting coffee.

Anyways, felt a bit upset that I couldn't get my wife anything to drink having gone so far. All for good. Good night from Seattle.