Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Rummaging through my sober tool box I was shocked to see …..Weekenders 13 - 16 May 2022

Notices

Rummaging through my sober tool box I was shocked to see …..Weekenders 13 - 16 May 2022

Old 05-13-2022, 05:52 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Sorry about Chauncey MLD. That's my Scruffy puppy in my avatar picture. We put him to sleep last May.
Old 05-13-2022, 06:19 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Awwwe, Marty, thanks for keeping us updated. How lucky you had Chauncey and he filled your heart with love and affection! Losing pets is so hard………

Manta, hoping you are enjoying the new mattress and resting in it, and the neighbors are keeping their noise down for you.

My tool that I forgot all about is PERSPECTIVE.

Do I HAVE to quit drinking, or do I WANT to?

Do I ROMANTICIZE alcohol, or do I see it as it really is to me, POISON!

Am I looking forward in the long run, of the BENEFITS of being alcohol free, or am I RESENTFUL that my desire center of my brain is screaming like a three year old in a tantrum “waaaaaa, I need relieve NOW!”

Ahhh, the perspective of the desire MUST shift, or white knuckle will surely fail over the long run.

Most all the ‘elders’ (long term sober persons) here tout that shift in thought hence the shift in desire is necessary for successfully erasing this compulsion to use.

Just remembering, and shocked I’d forgotten to add that to my list.
Old 05-13-2022, 07:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I think I jinxed it....maybe because my pericaval was that this was not necessarily the final game.

3 - 3 Rangers, Penguins

The final 7th game will give a finite answer, and NY won't be happy, I'm afraid.
Old 05-13-2022, 09:48 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders from a promise of a nice day by the looks of it, in England.

Primitavo, congratulations on three weeks!

Marty, Chauncey is out of pain now. You’ve been wonderful with him. Hugs to you and your boyfriend. x

Love to all the Weekenders xxxx

Old 05-13-2022, 10:58 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Marty, it is always such a heartbreaking decision to let them go but also the kindest thing we can do for them. Sleep tight Chauncey.

Mags, how are you feeling? I hope the covid quickly runs its course without any complications.

Manta rest well after your gruelling week of treatment. It must be exhausting physically and mentally.

I didn't know you had lost Scruffy puppy, Dragon. Sorry to read that, so sad when they pass.

Alfie, Daisy and I have been doing lots and lots of walking. It is helping to keep my addictions, that are always niggling at my heels, at bay. Alfie and Daisy have also been swimming on the warmer days too. We are all exhausted.

Old 05-13-2022, 11:37 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, it’s lovely you’re getting out walking with Alfie and Daisy. Has any changes been made to the golf club. I remember you saying it was going to be used for something else.
I'm ok thanks, I’m managing it. It feels like flu, I’m a bit more raspy breathing than normal but doing ok so far.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:48 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're doing ok Mags. I know it is a worry with your asthma.
The golf course lease has gone to Spurs for a training ground. They haven't closed it off yet but sadly it is only a matter of time. Money talks.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:56 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello Weekenders,
Thanks Mags.
Im in too. My sober muscles are doing well. I do fantasize sometimes of having a glass of glenlivet but it doesn't last long.
Have a good weekend everyone,
Vinny.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:20 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Spurs train? Crivens!

Congratulations on 3 weeks Primativo!

Glad you're doing OK Mags.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:22 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good morning Weekenders!

Hello Vinny, good to see you.

Mags, I hope you feel better soon.

Kaily, it's sad to hear about the golf course. The likes of Spurs have the money to get what they want.

It's a lovely day outside. I'm already doing my second load of washing. I was going to cut the grass in the back garden but it's not overly long and as it's forecast to rain for a couple of days from tomorrow it would only shoot back up anyway so I'll leave it until next weekend!

Once I've hung out the second lot of washing (and then had a cup of tea) I'm off to do my weekly shopping. After lunch I'll be heading out for a walk. I expect the local parks to be busy this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone
Old 05-14-2022, 01:55 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

So sorry about Chauncey Marty

Old 05-14-2022, 01:57 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hope you're able to enjoy relaxing once you get home, Manta!

More hugs Mags

Glad you're enjoying your vacation Calmself
Old 05-14-2022, 02:10 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Yes, Purple I am! Sad it ends soon though.

Take care, Mags. Hugs to you, MLD.

End of Day 181 for me. We visited the Pearl harbor memorial today and got a chance to relive the memories on that unfortunate day. Had a good dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and ready to call it a day now.

Take care all, don't pay any heed to AV. It will go away after a while. Good night from Honolulu!
Old 05-14-2022, 03:30 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I have been summoned for Jury Service. Cue huge anxiety now.
Old 05-14-2022, 04:19 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good night calmself! Congratulations on 181

Kaily you can get a doctors note and be excused on health reasons.
Old 05-14-2022, 04:56 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Polaroid View Post
I think I jinxed it....maybe because my pericaval was that this was not necessarily the final game.

3 - 3 Rangers, Penguins

The final 7th game will give a finite answer, and NY won't be happy, I'm afraid.
We've been rooting for the Penguins and Boston, and the flames. I thought the Pens had it in the bag yesterday with that 2-0 lead. They'll get it in game 7, even with out sid the kid. Exciting how everyone is on their 7th game. (Look at me all hockey talking!) Mrs Dragon is loving this series.
Old 05-14-2022, 05:02 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders,
MLD, I hope you got some sleep.
Free, thanks for those excellent tools!
Mags, hope your breathing isn't too compromised.
I'm happy to start Saturday sober. I'm going to the farmers market soon.
Old 05-14-2022, 06:13 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Leshar I’m doing ok.
Old 05-14-2022, 06:20 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
We've been rooting for the Penguins and Boston, and the flames. I thought the Pens had it in the bag yesterday with that 2-0 lead. They'll get it in game 7, even with out sid the kid. Exciting how everyone is on their 7th game. (Look at me all hockey talking!) Mrs Dragon is loving this series.
Well the Flames are in the same position as the Pens, 3-3, but with one advantage, Calgary will be playing at home, while Pittsburgh will be playing away (woohoo- 20 minute drive)

.... though this intuitively disadvantage will prove an advantage for the Pens. When I said it's a lock, it's a lock. Enough said.

Also... a girl who likes hockey? Woah. Never met one before.

Edit: Also, I see you're from Manibota - I think that was the last province I forgot when trying to recall them in my head, as in; B.C., Alberta, Sasktascheunweiaurihfgaoibfvc-something, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia.... no, never mind.... when I googled, I see there were several more.....
Old 05-14-2022, 06:38 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Polaroid View Post
Well the Flames are in the same position as the Pens, 3-3, but with one advantage, Calgary will be playing at home, while Pittsburgh will be playing away (woohoo- 20 minute drive)

.... though this intuitively disadvantage will prove an advantage for the Pens. When I said it's a lock, it's a lock. Enough said.

Also... a girl who likes hockey? Woah. Never met one before.

Edit: Also, I see you're from Manibota - I think that was the last province I forgot when trying to recall them in my head, as in; B.C., Alberta, Sasktascheunweiaurihfgaoibfvc-something, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia.... no, never mind.... when I googled, I see there were several more.....
Well, here's another girl who likes hockey--although my beloved Flyers have been in the tank for many years. Had season tix in the past back in the Lindros days. See, women who like hockey do exist!