Notices

Help please

Old 05-11-2022, 10:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee
Old 05-11-2022, 10:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I would like that too, Lila. When you feel ready.

Old 05-11-2022, 10:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you Steely
Old 05-11-2022, 11:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Glad you're still talking to us, Lila. We care about you, and you got a great offer from Steely. Try to put the bottle down and drink water, and eat. And stay away from that neighbor if you can.

Lila, many of us suffered trauma or chaos in our early years, which is a setup for wanting to numb it all, but you don't have to go down that road.

Once we stop the substance abuse we are able to work through the other stuff. Sure, it takes time but talking to others really helps.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Lila, take Steely up on her invitation to PM. She knows what she is talking about, and you can believe she has your best interests at heart. And avoid that neighbor of yours. Anyone that gives alcohol to you at this most vulnerable time, is not a friend.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think the medication they have me on is giving me suicidal thoughts
Old 05-12-2022, 03:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hang in there Lila

Some medications can have that effect. I know I tried some anti anxiety pills once under drs. orders but it made me have those thoughts and ideation so I stopped taking them.

I have no experience with benzos tapering bit it sounds brutal.
Just remember you only have to do it once.

You CAN do it.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Lila, my coworker/boss and what I thought was a good friend would always buy me whiskey and a lot of it. I at first kept saying I did not want to drink because my Mother is an alcoholic, she drank heavily pretty much every day when I was growing up then would yell and scream at all hours of the night and early morning..Well eventually when I had some and then there I went my downward spiral. She kept getting it for me, and yes it was my choice to actively bring it to my mouth and drink. I know how hard it is and I am so sorry you are going through this. I truly, like everyone here truly understand what you are going through. Just a few months ago..I think I may have mentioned it I was at the end of my rope and pretty much wanted to be gone for good. The kind people here helped to pull me back. I hope you can find the help and support you need. I am here too if you need another ear. A very lovely and supportive person here reached out to me via PM and helped me so very much. I am forever grateful for her. You can do this. I wish I could help you more.