Notices

Day 30 … GP consultation ..

Old 05-11-2022, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 30 … GP consultation ..

So I had my chat with my GP about tiredness. She ordered a whole range of blood tests I have to do tomorrow after overnight fasting. I didn’t tell her about my drinking as I didn’t want to .. I might do if the tests show something weird but I doubt they will as I literally have no other symptoms. Onwards !
Old 05-11-2022, 03:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done for going to the GP !
Old 05-11-2022, 04:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Excellent going. You are in the right path fully focused on yourself. This is long overdue for most of us. Sacrificing for our loved ones is important but we have to make time for ourselves as well. Good job, Ican.
Old 05-11-2022, 04:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good on you Ican. I don't think anyone has to do anything they don't want to do. Counterproductive, mostly.

Same with telling kids. You can educate kids about the dangers of alcohol and other drugs without going into own personal experience. Little kids don't need it. I talk with my kids now that they are older. So long as we're not drinking now is the most important thing. That's all that little kids want. Older kids too, to be honest.

Onwards, sisas in common struggle.

Old 05-11-2022, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

I was exhausted my first 12 months of recovery. I didn't realize how much alcohol had drained my body of everything!
Old 05-11-2022, 04:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you went- it's better to know and get things adjusted as needed rather than worrying and doing nothing about it. Good work.
Old 05-11-2022, 04:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you saw the Dr. I hope you'll tell your Dr the truth eventually tho - it makes sense to let them know everything, IMO.

D
Old 05-12-2022, 06:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My Doctor knows about my drinking, for me, I think it's better that way.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Telling my doctor wasn't really a choice for me as I was admitted from an ER visit for a different reason. I then was held for a detox because they couldn't legally let me leave without releasing me to someone's care and my wife refused until the detox was done. Seeing my GP afterwards, she already knew the point I had arrived at so maybe it was easier to come clean on exactly how I had gotten there. In the end I felt relived and she was very helpful on what my treatment course should be and what we should watch for. I think you should remember that as a physician, they've seen it all before and will see it again.