Notices

Day 24 - Two fizzy waters in the pub !

Old 05-04-2022, 01:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 24 - Two fizzy waters in the pub !

Went to the pub with my friend (first outing to a pub in years and first since recent commitment to sobriety). Had two fizzy waters and no craving for alcohol. She has 1.5 pints of lager and in the last 30 mins started getting morose about past loves and asking indiscreet questions about mine ! But I enjoyed seeing her and am very pleased with myself ! Top tip : arrive a bit early and order your non alcoholic drink. Then it’s right there on the table and there’s no discussion about what you are having !
Old 05-04-2022, 01:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Going to the pub when I was newly sober was always my downfall ICDT. It’s not something I recommend. I’d go there and drink my NA drinks one night, two nights…then the next time I’d suddenly be ordering a beer.

I’m not trying to take away from your accomplishment. I’m glad it turned out well - but be on guard and be careful.

D
Old 05-04-2022, 01:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Advice well taken. I literally never go to the pub, even in drinking times so I don’t think it will happen again soon. My friend who I hadn’t seen for ages got a job nearby, hence meet up. But I’ll be more vigilant !
Old 05-04-2022, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fantastic job, Ican. You do have an active social life, haha. Congrats on Day 24!
Old 05-04-2022, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

i like hearing about the good meals you cook.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats, ICan. You made it safe! But please be aware that AV might do a post attack over the next few days as Anna pointed out in one of your earlier posts. It happened to me as well - a powerful attack.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Did something similar last year, 3 zero alcohol beers in 3 long hours last August and drove everyone home at closing time. I enjoyed the start of the night but got really bored by the end and you can guess why.
Next outing after that was Christmas only stayed for an hour and slipped away without anyone noticing and havent been in one since. It just dosent have the same appeal for me anymore.
Old 05-05-2022, 04:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You're walking on thin ice, and I can't help anyone learn how to walk on thin ice. If you are still sober two years from now , remind me to apologize for this post. I thought about not posting at all, but this is the kind of thing I do when someone scares me.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That’s really not helpful to me DriGuy ! I am aware of the difficulties and negotiated them successfully. As I explained above, I very rarely go to pubs.