Notices

Shameless spouse/friend/child brag

Old 05-01-2022, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Shameless spouse/friend/child brag

My husband works his tail off for our family! He coaches college soccer, and he uses his position at work to help guide young people with compassion and wisdom.

Last night he was telling me about a few players who keep getting into drug-related trouble. They are having athletic, academic, financial, and legal troubles because of their drug use, but they keep promising to make different choices “next time.” He’s worried about them.

My sweet husband went on a LONG diatribe about the difficulty of overcoming addiction and the amount of commitment and courage required to truly change. “Don’t they know that they have to WORK?”

Friends, he didn’t come out and say he is proud of me. But I could feel his pride, as he confided/worried/complained. 🥰

It was awesome! I love that man, and our communication and fun is OFF THE CHARTS since I gave up my artificial fix.

Who’s helping and encouraging you in your sober life?

Let me hear some good stories!

-TC
Old 05-01-2022, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great post TC - it’s wonderful to read you have a spouse who understands and is so proud of you

D
Old 05-01-2022, 03:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

TC, I'm so glad that you know your husband is proud of you and that he, essentially, said so. It's great to hear that your relationship is going strong as you continue your recovery. And, good on your husband for helping others in any way he can.
Old 05-01-2022, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This was a fantastic post. Thanks, TC.
Old 05-01-2022, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is a sweet and wonderful post! My husband is not one to deliver compliments freely but he has done the same for me in the past acknowledging what it has taken for me to overcome my addiction and become the happy, grounded, successful person I am today. It means a lot to me. I can really relate to this post!
Old 05-01-2022, 04:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

after i'd been sober for a few years and was feeling pretty cocky, i asked my daughter if she knew the significance of december 8th (my sobriety date). she said yeah it's the day john lennon was murdered. i told her why it meant so much to me. she said oh yeah cool mom.

but she always remembers that date and always praises me for my accomplishment.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome post!!

I would say the person I adore that supports me so much is my almost 15 yr old son. He was distraught when I was drinking and thought I would get so ill that he could lose me. When I first started my sobriety he walked me to the shop so he would know I wasnt drinking behind anyones back. He has always been my biggest supporter! The look on his face when we were all in a pub on holiday and I was drinking a pint of coke said everything I needed to know! One of his friends was round and asked what my coins were and he proudly told them they were to celebrate me giving me an addiction xx
Old 05-03-2022, 05:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Thanks everyone!

I really appreciate Least and Jo’s sharing about their family support! My addiction was so selfish, and now I’m counting my blessings everyday.

So grateful for the love of my spouse and kiddos! So eager to reward their love with honesty and sobriety!

Love to you all!
-TC