Notices

A tale of two Sundays :)

Old 04-24-2022, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A tale of two Sundays :)

Sunday 23 April 2017

Woke up at 9am feeling like I’d been punched in the head. Slept OK after swigging half a bottle of Gaviscon at 3am to lessen the acid reflux. I’ll make some tea and at least six slices of toasts before surfing the web till noon. I’ll probably go shopping with my wife before going out for a meal with beers and buy beers on way home. Make sure I’ve got some Gaviscon obviously.

Sunday 24 April 2022

Up at 7, and I’m already late for a running event. Don’t try this at home, but I made very liquidy porridge which I could drink in my car on the way there. Do the running event, mediocre as ever but I enjoyed it before having a post-race brunch with some club mates. Back home to do gardening (living the dream) and clean the house windows, cook a Thai veg curry (and for once have the sense to do some batch cooking) before writing a note for a sports club AGM which I’m not going to, plus a local newspaper report on the club’s weekend, and I’ll even prepare a private exam lesson I‘m teaching tomorrow evening after the day job. Better wash my smelly kit and might even sleep at midnight.

This is a typical Sunday right now. It’s a bit tiring I grant you, but the fact I had the energy for such tasks, whether exciting or mundane, is only because I quit drinking at the end of 2018 and change my lifestyle beyond recognition. It’s not perfect by any means, but I do look back with a lot of unease at the old Sunday me.
Old 04-24-2022, 01:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Inspiring! Great story, Hodd.
Old 04-24-2022, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Turning your life around is a great thing Hodd. Congratulations indeed.
Old 04-24-2022, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The best part about waking up sober is feeling good. I used to feel so awful when I woke up, made me wish I were dead. I never get tired of waking up feeling good.
Old 04-24-2022, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

^ Least, I often made plans, but waking up with a hangover put paid to those. I’d have definitely cried off today. I’m not that great at getting out of bed sober
Old 04-25-2022, 12:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like a pretty great Sunday! Waking up sober is definitely the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 04-25-2022, 11:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I feel you on those random nights drinking at random times that I would normally be sleeping. I envy your success and happiness and will join you shortly.
Old 04-25-2022, 12:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Gaviscon is an antacid medicine, really expensive too. That’s what I’d swig at 3am.

Chin up, Max. If I can get there, you sure can.
Old 04-26-2022, 02:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Its amazing when we compare our old days to our days now!! When I was drinking if I didnt need to be up I wouldnt be or I would get up get the kids up for school then go back to bed for a few hours once they had left for the bus. Now Im up with them and stay up. I chat to friends, post on here, get household bits done. Even if its a day I dont do much I'm still amazed with the amount of hours I am up!! I struggle to lie in these days and on occasion I'm up before my partner which makes him raise his eyebrows and go what is wrong hahaha!!!

Have a wonderful day guys regardless of the weather xx