Notices

Day 14 .. it’s never as bad as you think …(sometimes)

Old 04-24-2022, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 14 .. it’s never as bad as you think …(sometimes)

Well, my frustration and fury at having a memory foam mattress delivered yesterday sent me into a spin as to how I was going to send it back as it was so uncomfortable. I even thought of getting wine ( as if that would have solved the problem). I didn’t, I hasten to add ! Turns out memory foam takes some time to expand and last night I had THE BEST SLEEP EVER and woke up thinking ‘is it even legal for a bed to be this comfortable ?’ : -) :-) I never ever have deep sleep according to my fitness watch and a lot of times IN MY SLEEP it notes I am ‘stressed’. Last night I slept for about 8 hours and a whole 18 minutes was deep sleep !! Amazing ! So sometimes things aren’t as bad as you think they are going to be and jumping to conclusions and catastrophising after first impressions makes no sense at all. I know this is an example from a silly mattress, but I’m sure there’s a lesson for life in there somewhere ! :-)
Old 04-24-2022, 12:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love my memory foam mattress and it's lasted so much better than a regular mattress. I'm glad that you're happy with it now.
Old 04-24-2022, 01:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 weeks Ican.

Old 04-24-2022, 02:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done on 2 weeks

D
Old 04-24-2022, 03:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Fight or flight response is the norm for me, I have to get past that initial reaction to most things, then I start to actually calm down and work it out! I am glad you like your mattress after giving it a chance.
Old 04-24-2022, 03:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My friend had bought a bed that was extremely uncomfortable. She made the decision to jump up and down on the bed to make it more comfortable. I thought this decision was questionable but decided to keep my thoughts to myself. I mean, its her money and she can destroy it in whatever way she wanted.

So, I am so happy to hear your bed is now the best bed ever. Wonderful. There is nothing like a good nights sleep. It helps to make the world spin in a more peaceful way.

Congrats on TWO weeks. That is AMAZING!
Old 04-24-2022, 05:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Memory foam too soft for me. Also too hot to sleep on. Glad you find it comfy enough for you Ican.

Old 04-24-2022, 09:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We need a new mattress and are thinking memory foam. I love softer mattresses, but the memory foam all say firm. I bought my son one on sale at Big Lots, and it’s actually pretty comfy. I need one for our room soon!
Old 04-24-2022, 10:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have a memory foam topper and I absolutely adore my mattress!

Well done on day 14 Calmself!