Notices

Day 13 ..Be the sky not the clouds !

Old 04-23-2022, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 13 ..Be the sky not the clouds !

I’ve been arguing with myself over the last hour saying “you’ve had such a stressful day, one won’t hurt” etc etc but we know that is the biggest lie ever. My bedroom furniture was delivered and it’s not exactly what I wanted/expected, took ages to assemble (with the help of two handimen ) and has left me CROSS and disappointed .. but instead of downing some (a lot of) Sauvignon blanc, I’m going to make a fancy ‘Ruby’ curry, a specialty of the Dishoom chain of Indian/Persian fusion restaurants here in London. My Counsellor said this week that feelings like this pass like clouds, but you are the sky, meaning your frustrations and stresses are temporary and will pass and you, the blue canvass of the sky, will emerge again. I found that very helpful, so “be the sky not the clouds” folks !
Old 04-23-2022, 01:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome analogy Ican! I just wanted to pop in and say I love reading your posts.

PS, post buyer dissonance is a thing but I hope you grow to love, or atleast like your new set up. Even if it's not exactly what you wanted it's an example of how far you've come and can be a symbol for your new life. Out with old, in with the new. Love it!
Old 04-23-2022, 01:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks dear Zura !
Even my curry was disappointing ! :-) Anyway, I’M not disappointing me at the moment and I guess that’s what’s important ! :-)
Old 04-23-2022, 01:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on nearly two weeks and for not letting disappointment fester ICDT

D
Old 04-23-2022, 11:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ha ha love it, Ican! I too love reading your posts. You are so funny!
Old 04-24-2022, 06:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Now that I have crossed the line of being able to handle my booze and made a commitment to never drinking again, relapsing of any kind causes shame and regret along with insanity symptoms.

On top of all the brain damage I am still dealing with from my 45 years of boozing, the shame/regret, and the creation of a new strong crave has to be the worst thing ever.

Physically, I may or may not bounce back, but mentally my brain doesn't have the same neural connections it had when I was drinking hard.

My original connections are damaged/dead. My brain has rewired and is using alternate routes that don't handle booze the same way.

I am currently watching a horror movie called "oculus." It reminds that the mind games can feel real and have real consequences.

Never never never drink again. It is poison.

Thanks.