Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Negative or Positive thoughts this weekend. 22 - 25 April 2022 Weekenders

Notices

Negative or Positive thoughts this weekend. 22 - 25 April 2022 Weekenders

Old 04-24-2022, 12:00 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders, It's a young Emperor penguin Polaroid, they have grey baby fur for the first year.

Alfie is a bold little chap, most foxes are bigger than him.

Glad your friend escaped the abusive relationship Dragon.
Old 04-24-2022, 12:10 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Morning Weekenders, It's a young Emperor penguin Polaroid, they have grey baby fur for the first year.
Good morning Saout & Alright, then I learned something new this morning.

I'm still on the subject of Pittsburgh Penguins tho - They'll take the cup this year - mark my words.
Old 04-24-2022, 12:14 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

hello everyone

I relapsed last week. I was 5 months with 0 alcohol and just caved in. It was a normal Sunday and I guess I needed more research. Auto pilot is a real thing.

The lying was the worst part of the whole thing, or maybe I should say one of. I got back into the program and spoke with my mentor about it. We had a great talk about what happened and things I can do to not let it occur again. Bigger picture, I've made a ton of great progress and I have to look at the victories and wins in that time span as compared to where I was. All I can do is learn from the week, make changes, and move forward.

I had a real productive day yesterday. Exercised, grocery store, got my car serviced, and went to a meeting. I know for 120 percent fact that would have never happened last year. I would have delayed everything because it was interfering with drinking time. I also changed my start time at work. I'll now have more time in the late morning/early afternoon period to devote to the program/more self care.

One week today.
Old 04-24-2022, 01:56 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Welcome back AthensDawgs!
Old 04-24-2022, 04:42 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you back AthensDawg
Old 04-24-2022, 05:02 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Day 9 today and feeling pretty good. Last night was the best night of sleep I've had in a while. Its a beutiful day. The coffee is brewing and I'm about to fire up the blackstone griddle on the patio to cook the family some bacon, eggs and hashbrowns for breakfast. Me and my wife are beekeepers. We were able to work our hives yesterday and will be jarring fresh spring clover honey today. Life is good. Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-24-2022, 05:39 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Mmmm, bacon, eggs and hashbrowns. Mrs D makes that for the family every mid-morning Sunday.
Old 04-24-2022, 05:46 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone on this beautiful warm English Sunday afternoon!

Loving the OP Mags! Its so true that how our self doubt and feelings can affect us. Negative thinking is a sure fire way to lead us down a path we do not want to go down. I found when I was negative it would spiral down and down until I decided that I was completely rubbish, not worth it, that everyone thought I was the worst so it didnt matter that I drank as no one cared and I wasnt worth the bother. Dont get me wrong I still have negative thoughts but I give them space to breathe now and I initiate a conversation with them where I have an answer back for all they say

You are rubbish - no im not Im succeed in different things every day so I'm definitely not rubbish
you are worthless - no my family and friends love me, i work hard, God loves me so no Im not worthless
no one cares - total rubbish my friends and family do as otherwise they wouldnt bother with me
you cant do this - i may need support and help but yes i can do this

I change the narrative of the negative and turn it into a positive. Mindfulness and meditation has really helped too but that is still my work in progress as I know that I could do so much more with it. I'm finding so many things in life to be joyful about and enjoy. So much that I want to learn more about. I couldnt have done any of this if I was still drinking. I thank God every day that I am Sober. Even being over a year sober now I still take it a day at a time especially when its a stressful day! My son has his GCSE mocks the next two weeks so I will be using all my tools in my toolbox to help me through as he will be so stressed and I want to be the best mum I can for him to support him and help him revise his way through this. I printed off exam papers, set timers for him to do them and have marked them. I have questioned him on subjects and will continue to do all of this. I could not have done any of this drinking! I would have been moody, bad tempered and hungover and he would have had no chance at having a good supportive mum. My kids deserve that mum and I am proud to say that I can be that mum now I'm sober as I certainly wasnt when I was drinking. Hard to admit to these things but its actually part of the healing process to admit to where we were and how we were and then to see all the progress we have made and be proud of where we now are.

I truly believe we all can get there. It may take some of us longer than others but we should never compare. As this is our individual journey and we all follow our paths differently but we all aim to have the same destination. A joyful, vibrant, happy, settled, calm and wonderful sober life xx
Old 04-24-2022, 08:03 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders! ☼
Old 04-24-2022, 11:11 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's hard to keep from thinking negative thoughts when I'm in so much pain. I am glad however that I'm no longer in the nursing home I'm back home with Billy and the cats so that's a good thing right there. And despite being in so much pain I'm still able to do for myself which is remarkable.

And, best of all, I'm still sober and intend to stay that way!
Old 04-24-2022, 11:36 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Love and peace to you all. 💗☮💫
Old 04-24-2022, 02:00 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post, Jo....I've been needing mindfulness and meditation regularly as well

Nice to meet you EarlO! Sounds very rewarding to be self employed.....life goals!

Glad to be here with you all
Old 04-24-2022, 02:15 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back AthensDawgs

D
Old 04-24-2022, 02:41 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders

Really lovely post Jo you’re doing so well, it’s inspiring to hear

Have a wonderful sober day everyone

(((Least)))

Manta, thinking of you and sending love and support ❤️
Old 04-24-2022, 02:50 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's funny, that when I was drinking I would wake up feeling awful I mean really awful. But now even waking up with all this pain in my back and my feet and my side it's still not as bad as waking up hungover. There's something particularly awful about waking up hungover.
Old 04-24-2022, 09:57 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

End of Day 162 - Tomorrow I will prep mainly technically - Project deep dive, system design, Database types, and Cloud architectural components.
Tuesday morning, behavioral and leadership.
Just a bit tense. Good night from Seattle.
Old 04-24-2022, 10:06 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I dread waking up cause of all the pain that I'll be in. all the pain pills have worn off and it's just me and the pain.

Long string of bad words...
Old 04-24-2022, 10:16 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Oops. Sorry to hear that, Least. Did you visit the doctor yet?
Old 04-24-2022, 10:34 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Magsie

Least hope the pain soon goes.

Calmself, sleep well. All the best for your behavioural and leadership.
Old 04-24-2022, 10:52 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, welcome to Weekenders EarlO!

Well done for posting AthensDawg and welcome back.

Glad things are going well Jo43, good post.

Sorry you are in pain again least, I hope this is the last time.

I'm off to Stamford in Lincolnshire today on work business. I have been once before, it is an attractive little town.