Notices

Day 10 Nature nurtures !

Old 04-20-2022, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10 Nature nurtures !

So after a morning where everyone and everything just seemed too complicated, I took myself off for a 5km stroll in some woods near here to my favourite pond which is currently full of a myriad of swans, ducks, coots, moorhens etc sitting on their eggs (while the males fight! ). It was very nurturing and refreshing and I feel a million times better ! Nature is a natural mood uplifter. Free, safe and highly recommended !
Old 04-20-2022, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The benefits of getting out in nature and walking can't be emphasised enough. I live a couple of miles from the River Wear in the north east and love going for a walk along the river banks. There's also a WWT Wetland Centre nearby and if you like swans, ducks and a whole host of other birds plus otters, flamingoes and a whole host of other mammals (I can never remember if flamingos are mammals or birds) you would love it

https://www.wwt.org.uk/wetland-centres/washington/
Old 04-20-2022, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That sounds like a really cool spot! I have always been a fan of waterfowl. Beautiful creatures especially when in full plumage.
Old 04-20-2022, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
The benefits of getting out in nature and walking can't be emphasised enough. I live a couple of miles from the River Wear in the north east and love going for a walk along the river banks. There's also a WWT Wetland Centre nearby and if you like swans, ducks and a whole host of other birds plus otters, flamingoes and a whole host of other mammals (I can never remember if flamingos are mammals or birds) you would love it

https://www.wwt.org.uk/wetland-centres/washington/
My Dad was from Durham and adored it .. when he passed away, I scattered his ashes in the River Wear ! Next time I visit ( haven’t been in years), I’ll have to take a trip to visit the Wetland Centre and see the flamingoes ! Thanks for the tip pet ! :-)
Old 04-20-2022, 12:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Being out in nature is a great thing to help us to feel good. I'm glad you ended up having a good day, Ican.
Old 04-20-2022, 01:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
11/11/07

The power and beauty of nature has always been a Higher Power for me.
I've spent most of my life either working, camping, hiking, kayaking or just being outside, it is the most balancing state of being I've ever known.
Old 04-20-2022, 01:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on Day 10

D
Old 04-20-2022, 05:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I took myself for a walk in the park and saw a perfectly formed spiderweb strung between two tress. The sun was shining through its very centre. I sat mesmerised for a little while. Forgot myself for a little while. I love that.
Old 04-20-2022, 08:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Icandothis2013 View Post
My Dad was from Durham and adored it .. when he passed away, I scattered his ashes in the River Wear ! Next time I visit ( haven’t been in years), I’ll have to take a trip to visit the Wetland Centre and see the flamingoes ! Thanks for the tip pet ! :-)
And here are the flamingos, They look wonderful and very colourful! https://www.wwt.org.uk/wetland-centr...nce/flamingos/
Old 04-20-2022, 11:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How absolutely wonderful Robbie ! Thinks so much for letting me know ! I’ll definitely try and visit next time I go to see my folks in Durham or Sunderland !
Old 04-21-2022, 04:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I love getting out in the mornings and taking in the fresh air. The birds. The sunrise. Its a beautiful thing, really.
We have a Redwood Grove nearby that I walk sometimes on the weekends. Cool air. Trees as big as skyscrapers (Maybe a little smaller)
It puts things into perspective.
Old 04-21-2022, 11:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

i went to a very small redwood forest preservation area in san jose a few years back. Majestic trees that's all I can say beautiful their size astounds me makes me feel so small. I'd like to see the Redwood forest where they have the really really huge ones.