Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Easter Weekend Sober and present- Weekenders Thread 15-19 April 2022

Notices

Easter Weekend Sober and present- Weekenders Thread 15-19 April 2022

Old 04-15-2022, 02:15 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Glad you're here with us Anxiousrock....hope you can get lots of rest this weekend and feel better soon!
Old 04-15-2022, 02:46 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I hope you recover soon, anxiousrock!
Old 04-15-2022, 03:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Feeling stressed out by work nonsense amongst other stuff. Feel like drinking...maybe one pint would do no harm. Head feels very hot.
Old 04-15-2022, 03:51 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Are a couple of low alcohol beers ok or am I not supposed to drink at all? Not even a little fun for me when other folks are having .. 😞
Old 04-15-2022, 04:01 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Don't buy into the lie of it being fun. Your doing so fantastically calmself, don't let that horrible AV bring you down. It's really inspiring how well your doing. Don't let external factors take away from all that you've built. They're only temporary feelings but getting sucked back into drinking won't be temporary and will only bring more of the bad feelings your trying to avoid. Stick with us calmself ❤️
Old 04-15-2022, 04:20 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks Zura. I understand your points. I am just biting through. I feel like drinking... cold ones visuals. My scalp is hot. All I want to do is drink drink drink now..ok i will wait it out
Old 04-15-2022, 04:34 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I think posting here means you really don't actually want to drink. Your having a difficult moment certainly but you've definitely got what it takes to get through this. I hope it doesn't stick around too long and you get to enjoy the rest of your day/evening.
Old 04-15-2022, 04:40 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
Are a couple of low alcohol beers ok or am I not supposed to drink at all? Not even a little fun for me when other folks are having .. 😞
CS if you need to, go back and re-read your older posts. There was nothing fun about the way you drank. Me either.

You can have fun - real fun - sober.
It took me a while to realise that fun does not need to come from a bottle.

The AV is pushing the line you're missing out. Thats BS.
There must be any number of activities around that don't require drinking.

The idea that you could hit some mythical sweet spot where you can have fun and not go overboard is a lie.
Abstinence does not equal control.Drink again and all the things that bought you to SR in the first place can happen again.

As for NA stuff - you're in a real danger zone right now. Personally, I wouldn't drink anything that reminded you of the old days.

Your life sober is a million miles better than your drinking one. You're a lot closer to the person you want to be...
Don't throw that away CS

D

Old 04-15-2022, 04:43 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Feel better soon AR

D
Old 04-15-2022, 05:47 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Magsie

Calmself, I used to ‘play the tape forward’ when my cravings were that bad. Drink plenty of water or juice but I’d lay off low alcohol stuff. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Hope your cravings have passed.

Samantha, hope you’re feeling better
Old 04-15-2022, 06:53 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thanks Zura, Dee and Mags. Feel much better now that heavy discomfort has passed. Went for a long drive, the sunshine and fresh air helped along with your support. At the gym now. Thanks so much for talking me out of the powerful AVs voice.
Old 04-15-2022, 07:50 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Samantha

Thanks everyone.
hope your Friday nights are going okay ! Stay strong.
Old 04-15-2022, 09:46 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

You too Sam

D
Old 04-15-2022, 10:57 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders, congratulations on riding out those cravings calmself. At 100 plus days sober you won't be having those types of cravings very often.

Good to see you Zura.
Old 04-15-2022, 11:12 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Good work calmself!

Looks like a good day weather wise. I need to pop to shop early for a few bits mum in law rang for. Then going for fish and chips for lunch.

Many of the main food supermarkets are closed tomorrow which is nice so I guess they may be busy today.

Love to all the Weekenders xxxx
Old 04-15-2022, 11:52 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good Morning Mags,

I'm IN for a sober weekend! Thank you for another rousing thread opener. Easter used to be an excuse for a drink. No longer...

So, I have moved in to my new apartment and so far it's been fantastic. A big moment was once I finally had a bed, although it took me 4 hours to construct. I'm hoping it's not going to be too lonely on my own. I'm not going to resort to bar crawling to find 'friends' though - been there, tried that, boy was it a mess :-)

On a sad note, and one that has made me even more grateful, the homeless dude who I wrote about was back in his spot outside the store yesterday. He was barely conscious, clutching a lighter in his hand. Others had bought him food and coffee to little effect. I think I am going to write to my MP about the closure of the local rehab facilities. It's a scandal.

Anyway, have a lovely Easter all. Warm wishes as always, Forwards.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:19 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

End of Day 153 - Just wrapped up a nice movie on prime. Thanks for all the support and good night from Seattle.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:05 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Good job getting through the AV Calmself xx. 153 days is fantastic and keep up the good work x

Lovely sunny day here, birds are tweeting and it’s so peaceful. I overdid it a bit yesterday doing housework type stuff and starting to get the Chemo fatigue so I am too tired to get out and enjoy the weather. But I am sat here with the doors and windows open dozing on the sofa so that’s a compromise!!

I thought with my diagnosis I would be wanting to drink, but the total opposite has happened and I couldn’t think of anything I would want to do less!! Absolutely no cravings whatsoever and I am really grateful for that.

Hope you feel better soon AR and hope all you lovely peeps have a super sober Saturday xx

Old 04-16-2022, 04:15 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks as always Mags for the opener. I am in for a sober weekend. Anxious Rock I hope you are starting to feel better. Welcome to the Weekenders Brit. CS I am glad you were able to survive the AV. Hang in there you are doing so well.

I have been trying to catch up. Been really busy. Got a call from my mother's hospice nurse Thursday and hightailed it down to Florida that night. My mom is going downhill. She has stopped eating and is very weak. It is just six weeks since I lost my brother and I am still processing that. Kind of feel like I am in a bad dream. I am down here for 10 days and then need to get back for some dental surgery. Thankfully my boss is understanding. My husband is with me and my daughters are coming for a few days tomorrow. I don't feel the urge to drink and am getting more comfortable in my sobriety. I will be 16 months sober tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:18 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

(((cbs62)))