Notices

Withdrawing ✌

Old 04-26-2022, 02:03 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post
Thanks, avo. To be fair, you’ve picked a rough time to quit. A lot of us got to three weeks and relapsed a few times. Yes, you need to plan what happens next, but don’t stress about it. Keep posting, please. We might’ve nagged you (in a nice way) not to drink last time We’ll be here.
Thank you Hodd. That means a lot
Old 04-26-2022, 02:08 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

A couple of days of sobriety under my belt. Yay!

It may not sound like a lot, but once I start drinking it usually becomes a daily thing instantly. God knows how long it would take me to pluck up the motivation to stop again, so I'm really pleased with this. I could've lost another entire month, 3 months, half a year or longer! Scary to think about the stakes involved.

I think posting on here helps with my motivation
Old 04-26-2022, 02:18 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Congratulations on making a firm decision and getting two days under your belt.
Old 04-26-2022, 02:31 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Two days is a lot! Hope all’s good, Avo
Old 04-26-2022, 02:51 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's wonderful news, Avoidant. We know how hard it is. 2 days is great!
Old 04-26-2022, 03:03 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats - 2 days is a great start

D
Old 04-30-2022, 09:17 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

7 days !!! \(^▽^)/

Physically been feeling really good. I actually have the energy to be active throughout the day. How novel! Lmao. Now that I've been out of the cycle of drinking every day for a bit, the thought of how I survived feeling so ****** is genuinely baffling. I had so many days where I woke up and was literally unable to move because of how ill I was. Shaking, lying in a pool of sweat, dry heaving. Crazy how my brain doesn't seem to naturally make the connection between drinking alcohol and THAT haha. Only the tiny timeslot of euphoria when you start drinking.

I'm sleeping for very long periods of time without an alarm. Decided not to set an alarm yesterday morning and I woke up at 3pm!!! Insane. I slept for 15 hours without waking up. It's frustrating, I'm not going to lie. It wastes a lot of time. I think my body might be recovering from all the abuse I put it through in March.
Old 04-30-2022, 09:24 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Oh! In other news, I've been sticking true to my promise and have been finding all sorts of new things to do to fill my time and keep me interested in life. I signed up to give blood and I am going to church today for the first time in 11 years now. Excited
Old 04-30-2022, 09:50 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your week

D
Old 05-01-2022, 04:19 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good Work!
Old 05-01-2022, 04:38 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Keep going, avoidant. The early days are hard but the lessons and skills you learn now will support you down the road, so don't feel frustrated. The sleep is happening because you are tired, be grateful you are in a situation where you can get enough. I know you are going through some hard times with your family. Now is the time to start thinking about how alcohol makes NOTHING better and make that the first thought when you want to drink. Some of us kind of roll the tape forward- what happens after the first, second, tenth drink and do we really want to make a whole new mess? Weighing that against any time gained in a sober journey usually breaks the fantasy thinking that we "need" to drink or that a drink will fix something. You have shown good insight and motivation- be proud that you are here and working so hard- good job.

Congrats on day 2. Have a good church service.