Notices

So glad that’s not me

Old 04-02-2022, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So glad that’s not me

We went to go visit a friend last night to deliver a couch she needed. When I called her, I knew she was drunk. I asked her, she said no, just high. Well I’ve known her long enough to know she was drunk and when I got there that confirmed it. She was showing my 5 year old her rooster in the kitchen (she keeps them inside) and I walked in the kitchen and she had passed out sitting Indian style with head down in the middle of the floor. Not something or someone I want my son to be around. This morning she texted me that she lost her keys. It was just a great reminder of where I DON’T want to be. It’s so freaking sad.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So many struggle with substance binging/overuse/abuse/addiction Jillian, right? It is very sad. I use those situations as motivation, as you are. Indeed, a great reminder.
Old 04-02-2022, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your friend and her son, Jillian. I hope she finds her way.
Old 04-02-2022, 02:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Funny, or not, enough that I saw my friends like that many times and it never deterred me from drinking. Now when sober I see just how bad it all was. I'm ashamed of the things that I've done, the way that I've treated people, the way that I ignored my family, the things I missed out on, the way other saw me... I could go on. But I'm glad that is no longer the case. Alcohol almost wrecked me and wrecked a lot of what I accomplished. Still trying to work it all out but I can say that I'm much happier sober.
Old 04-02-2022, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry for your friend and her son, Jillian. I hope she finds her way.
I hope she does too. Unfortunately this is why we don’t go visit. I’ll invite her to my place cause I know she can’t drink; she has a breathalyzer in her car 😢