Notices

I feel like I've been walking around dead for 24 years

Old 03-31-2022, 11:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel like I've been walking around dead for 24 years

And no ones had the decency to cremate me.

Got arrested yesterday. Up in court soon. I don't really care. Nothing seems to matter.

I'll probably get drunk on listerine later. :/
Old 03-31-2022, 11:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stop drinking alcohol, stop swallowering listerine, and you will start to care again.

Old 03-31-2022, 11:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Stop drinking alcohol, stop swallowering listerine, and you will start to care again.
I don't think I will care again. Nobody believes I'm being gangstalked aside from the gangstalkers.

I don't want to kill myself because then the gangstalkers win. But all my loved ones think I'm "psychotic". I'm not psychotic. All of it is real.
Old 04-01-2022, 01:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry that you don’t see any other path but drinking FF.

The fact that we’ve all supported you, and all cared for your welfare, for so long should mean something.
You’re not the monster you tell yourself you are. None of us are, or were.

I really hope you get the moment of clarity where you realise it’s up to you to save yourself.
D
Old 04-01-2022, 01:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RAL

Sorry to read this ff.

Your meds will start to work when you stop drinking. I've been on meds when drinking and they don't really work.

As Dee says we care for you. Your parents and family care. They just probably dont know what they can do to help.

I hope you get your second vac so you can get into rehab
Old 04-01-2022, 01:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm sobering up. I'm so ashamed.
Old 04-01-2022, 01:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RAL

Great you are posting ff. Dont be ashamed. It's a destructive worthless emotion. Use your energies for your recovery. Maybe book your 2nd vac then you will be able to book rehab. Stick with us her of course too 😃
Old 04-01-2022, 01:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You gotta do some rehab, FF!
Old 04-01-2022, 01:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes, time for rehab one way or another FF!

All the best, Forwards.
Old 04-01-2022, 05:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Sorry to read this ff.

Your meds will start to work when you stop drinking. I've been on meds when drinking and they don't really work.

As Dee says we care for you. Your parents and family care. They just probably dont know what they can do to help.

I hope you get your second vac so you can get into rehab
What RAL said. (And Dee, too)
Old 04-01-2022, 05:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

We do care FF. Please get yourself into rehab.
Old 04-01-2022, 05:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

A couple of Big Book quotes that may be helpful:

Page 8: No words can tell of the loneliness and despair I found in that bitter morass of self-pity. Quicksand stretched around me in all directions. I had met my match. I had been overwhelmed. Alcohol was my master. Trembling, I stepped from the hospital a broken man. Fear sobered me for a bit. Then came the insidious insanity of that first drink, and on Armistice Day 1934, I was off again. Everyone became resigned to the certainty that I would have to be shut up somewhere, or would stumble along to a miserable end. How dark it is before the dawn! In reality that was the beginning of my last debauch. I was soon to be catapulted into what I like to call the fourth dimension of existence. I was to know happiness, peace, and usefulness, in a way of life that is incredibly more wonderful as time passes.

Page 50: Here are thousands of men and women, worldly indeed. They flatly declare that since they have come to believe in a Power greater than themselves, to take a certain attitude toward that Power, and to do certain simple things, there has been a revolutionary change in their way of living and thinking. In the face of collapse and despair, in the face of the total failure of their human resources, they found that a new power, peace, happiness, and sense of direction flowed into them. This happened soon after they wholeheartedly met a few simple requirements.
Old 04-01-2022, 05:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

People care and your SR family is here for you. If you are taking medication you need to stop drinking because it will either defeat the purpose of the medication or make your symptoms worse, I speak from experience. Yes..it is going to be very hard to stop but you need to.
Old 04-01-2022, 06:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Thanks for the big book quotes. I have a copy of the 4th edition, I should read it.

Alcohol completely out of my system now. Feel very foolish.
Old 04-01-2022, 06:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Don't be ashamed FF. You've got some sorting out to do, no doubt, but so do we all. So many people struggle with mental illness and other of life's challenges. I know I do. The only way to have a shot at getting your arms around those challenges and finding solutions is sober. My guess is that you will always need to be attentive to your mental illness, and you can do that and live a grand life. But only if you are sober my friend. Please don't drink any Listerine. Or any other alcohol in any of its forms.
Old 04-01-2022, 09:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Here to show my support for you Freedom,

You can get through this, you are doing a courageous thing by posting on SR. I pray for the best for you.

Old 04-01-2022, 10:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
nez

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Alcohol completely out of my system now. Feel very foolish.
Don't feel foolish. Feel instead that you are being brave and taking the first step to the life that you deserve. It takes courage, but it also bears rewards. Recovery is worth every inch of the journey and the rewards continue to build.

Old 04-01-2022, 03:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

FF you are what 31 years old and have been arrested 30 times? For being drunk. How does that happen? And being hospitalized lots of times. WHY aren't you doing anything about this?
Old 04-01-2022, 03:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
RAL

Howr are you now ff ? I hope you stopped after picking up again. There are no romantic few beers in the sun for us. Have you got a plan.
Old 04-01-2022, 03:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

It feels awful to feel this way Freedom, foolish, and all the rest, after doing exactly what we said we wouldn't do.

Do what you say you want to do Freedom. Stop, cease, and desist the alcohol. Your breath is ok.

Don't stress about rehab Freedom. I think it would be good, but you don't have to go. Much better than gaol though. You'll be surprised how much other 'addicts' understand.

I hope you are not drinking today Freedom. I hope you have told your doctor about how you feel. Told anyone.

Sometimes you can just stop. Which continues to amaze me.