Notices

Day 31 - A different perspective !

Old 03-26-2022, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 31 - A different perspective !

Two things in recent days have taught me to literally look at things differently - firstly, in my yoga class in the open air , my teacher asked me to fixate on things far away during the poses - so I did - eg the branches of a tree c 100 metres away. She encouraged me to think differently via these new perspectives. Eg the ‘legs up the wall’ pose has, as it says, your legs in the air and it is very difficult to get stressed about normal life in that position viewing your feet in the air ! - hence, I find it very relaxing ! Secondly, I walk a lot in the woods of our local Common and, to be honest, usually look at the ground . But the mantra of my new nature group is ‘don’t forget to look up ! ‘ . I did today and saw a hawk hovering, then dive bombing its prey and bring it to a branch in a tree above my head . I would have never usually seen that and although it was a bit eew, it was fascinating ! So look up, look around, look beyond your immediate comfort zone … and you never know what you will see or feel ! You may learn or feel something new ! :-)
Old 03-26-2022, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Very True ICDT - congrats on 31 days

D
Old 03-26-2022, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, that is so true, Ican.
Old 03-26-2022, 04:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Brilliant! Wonderful you saw a hawk.
Old 03-26-2022, 05:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job building powerful recovery practices instead of just keeping sober—it takes far less willpower to embrace a new perspective, doesn’t it? Yoga was a huge benefit for me too—both postures and the mindset shifts you are describing. Making room in your body is another wonderful benefit
Old 03-27-2022, 10:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Loved your post, Ican! You have that British sense of humor.. and the hawk sighting is really cool too.

I love all the observations, metaphors and puns on your recent journey. You are doing great!!