Notices

Belly full of it?- Weekenders 18 - 21 March 2022

Old 03-18-2022, 06:02 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Was watching Andrew Zimmermann last night. He did a one hour piece on traditional Irish dishes and visited Dublin and Cork. Seemed appropriate for St. Patrick's Day.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:12 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Was watching Andrew Zimmermann last night. He did a one hour piece on traditional Irish dishes and visited Dublin and Cork. Seemed appropriate for St. Patrick's Day.
Think one of my work colleagues is going to him tonight now.
Old 03-18-2022, 07:01 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Magsie

Enjoy London Reid.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:59 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Conversely I wouldn't mind going to County Kerry in Ireland, especially over St Patrick's Day weekend.

I mentioned yesterday that biminiblue posted this elsewhere on SR. It is splendid and I think it deserves an airing on Weekenders. Thanks bim.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:36 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

By popular request, here's MesaPup showing us how it's done. When in doubt, just chill.

His approach works better for me vs. a predictable string of Blackouts over my Drinking Decades. The consumption 'OFF' Switch went bad somewhere along the way, and it stayed faulty. Apparently, the futility of extreme excess is one lesson I was supposed to learn this Incarnation, so I've called that one a wrap. No need to try further insane consumption this go-round. And, no interest whatsoever in doing so, fortunately.

I've been watching a series of seriously-brainy Scholars discuss World Affairs right now, and that's been very rewarding. Excellent material to keep what's left of my Brain invigorated. I made a 4-figure Donation for Ukraine to an International Relief Organization I vetted, and am buttoning up loose ends here around the House. Improving Weather helps in prepping for a possible stretch of hard times, and ongoing Supply Chain weirdness. This sort of foresight/action also fosters Serenity. For me, anyway.

~50 Years ago, around the time of this Recording, Leo Kottke wryly described his Voice as sounding like 'geese farts on a muggy Day'. This Fleetwood Mac Song cover pretty much reflects where I'm at these Days.

Thanks, Mags...

'World Turning' ~ Leo Kottke

Old 03-18-2022, 11:03 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

^
MesaPup looks as adorable as ever!
Old 03-18-2022, 11:38 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Big love to all! Xx
Old 03-18-2022, 11:42 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
saoutchik

What an enjoyable track, I had not heard of Leo Kottke prior. Fiendish guitar playing.

Hi Mesa pup
Old 03-18-2022, 01:33 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

OMG there's MesaPup

Have fun in London Reid!

Good Luck Suze!

This afternoon traffic was pleasantly lighter than usual...I thought maybe everyone is hungover from yesterday
Old 03-18-2022, 01:40 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

'tis done and dusted now.

The main thing is that I finally completed a course. My MO has been terrible for many years.....starting and discontinuing, over and over. So finally that pattern has been broken.

And it's the weekend, so

Old 03-18-2022, 03:05 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

For my job search, G is in an advanced stage. They let me know I cleared my onsite interviews and now into next stage. Praying for some good news!

Over the next 2 weeks, I have received phone interviews for A, M and another M. I also applied for additional positions at A today.

My goal over the weekend is to apply for TPM or PM positions in additional companies. Able to stay laser focused these days, after the monkey got off my back
Old 03-18-2022, 05:49 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

hell everyone !

I finished the second full week at work. Friday's are long days because we basically do 3 days in one day. That's a lot of selecting and preparing totes for 250+ stores that we deliver to in our region. I also got past training. I had a few challenging days, and also days that had me questioning the new career path but I stuck with it without drinking.

I'm in a great flow right now and it certainly helps having a clear mind. There is something great to be said for waking up ready to go with no anxiety or stress and not having to wonder what you did or said the night before.
Old 03-18-2022, 07:16 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Awesome job, AthensD. Indeed it's Friday evening here but I am anxiety free and happy I had a productive week. 😊
Old 03-18-2022, 08:24 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Great news, Forwards!

Hello, everyone!

Agree with Mesaman, no need to try to see if the OFF switch is still broken. 🎚🔌 It will always be broken. We fried it. 🍳

We need to throw it out, we leave it in the OFF mode, and chuck it away.🪣🧹

Keep those tools ready, know where they are, and know when to use them (hint: as soon as the wave comes in, no matter the size of it, BEFORE it smashes you)

🪓⛏🛠🪛🧹🪠🪥🧼🛀🏼🛁📱💻📞📺📻⛰🎢🏰🛶🚲🎹🎼🩰🎨🎤🎧🚴🏼‍♀️🏊🏼‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️🏌🏻‍♀️🤸🏻‍ ♀️🏋🏽🎿⛷🛼🤿🎣🪁🪀🏓🏈🏒🏀🥡☕️🍫🍰🌽🥦🥝🍏🍌🫐🍓⛄️🦮🐈🎓🪡🧵🧶💅🏽🤪❤️
Old 03-18-2022, 10:45 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

End of Day 125 - end of a productive day. Ran for 4.5 miles, time for bed.
Good night from Seattle!
Old 03-19-2022, 12:29 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders from a sunny England.

Hope everyone is ok.

Girgeous pic of MesaPup.

Goodnight calmself!
Old 03-19-2022, 01:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good morning Weekenders!

Yes Mags, it's a glorious day outside, too nice to be sat in the house. I'm having an early breakfast today and will be going for a long walk later this morning.

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 03-19-2022, 01:46 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Early Saturday morning....couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to start the coffee

Got an acupuncture appointment this morning + I'll be getting ready for a four legged friend coming to visit tomorrow for a week

Edit to add: Oh! and today is the walkathon for our local Humane Society....I signed up for the virtual part of it, which is basically sending a donation....guess a walk around the neighborhood wouldn't hurt
Old 03-19-2022, 07:05 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders,
Well done AthensD in your new job!
CS, hope the job process continues to go well!
Free, love all the emojis! Have an extra cup of coffee this morning? 🤣
Purpl, a virtual walk, haha!
Off on a trip to check out an item on a buy and sell online group. I love a bargain! And call me frugal but I have to eke out the last drop from my favourite body lotion which is in a glass bottle. So I was hitting the bottle this morning! For all the right reasons, thank goodness.
Old 03-19-2022, 10:33 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Way to go AthensDawg, calmself!

I'm sure I have congratulated you before Venuscat but well done anyway. That is very worthwhile I suspect.

You have some icons I have not seen Free, I don't think I have all of those.