Notices

Idea regarding badges!

Old 03-14-2022, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Idea regarding badges!

Was wondering if we can introduce a badging system here to identify folks as to how long they have been continuously sober!

We can add a sticky thread to say what color refers to what! Just to give motivation and also know let others know who the legends are.

Folks can add it to their profile description and reset if they relapse.

Something like:
White badge - Completed Day 1
Gray - Completed Week 1
Green - Completed Month 1
​​​​​​Blue - Completed Quarter 1 ( 3 months)
Black - Completed Half 1 (6 months)
Purple - Completed 1 Year
Silver - Completed 3 years
Gold - Completed 5 years
Platinum - Completed 10 years
Diamond - Completed 15 years
Double Diamond - 25 years

Let me know what you guys think!!
Old 03-14-2022, 02:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I like this idea xx
Old 03-14-2022, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's nothing in the software that allows for it as far as I know - and honestly I'm kinda glad.

I get people are proud of their sober time - and it might motivate some for sure....but I'd really feel for those who are struggling to get that sober time.

Having people not wanting to post here for shame, or feeling the need to lie about their sober time to save face, would not be a great outcome.

Just my 2 cents, and of course anyone who wants to do it can probably make their own badge and stick it in their signature if they wish.

D
Old 03-14-2022, 03:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm with Dee. One of the things I really didn't like about meetings was the "hierarchy" of sober time. The humble and not-so-humble discussions about how much time someone had or didn't have. The cliquey feel of it.

I have always kinda liked the, "Whoever got up the earliest today has the most sober time." The one day at a time approach. I only feel like sober time is important once a year for me, and even then I don't mention it very often. I don't want "Atta Girl" recognition for the absolute blessing of being sober. It is its own huge reward.
Old 03-14-2022, 03:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I’d need about 100 white badges ! :-)
Old 03-14-2022, 03:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I always try to remember that we are all at the place in recovery where we are supposed to be at the moment. Recovery is a very personal journey, I believe, and therefore it's hard to compare it to other people's recovery.
Old 03-14-2022, 03:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Icandothis2013 View Post
I’d need about 100 white badges ! :-)
I got 110 as well last year rofl. But Dee and Anna are amazingly right. Not a good idea looks like, let's ditch this and move on.
Old 03-14-2022, 04:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I'm with Dee. One of the things I really didn't like about meetings was the "hierarchy" of sober time. The humble and not-so-humble discussions about how much time someone had or didn't have. The cliquey feel of it.

I have always kinda liked the, "Whoever got up the earliest today has the most sober time." The one day at a time approach. I only feel like sober time is important once a year for me, and even then I don't mention it very often. I don't want "Atta Girl" recognition for the absolute blessing of being sober. It is its own huge reward.
What a terrible shame. I never realised that sort of thing went on. Anyone who’s quit or trying to quit is great if it’s one day or thirty years. No one should ever feel ashamed of “only” such and such sober time, and it saddens me that drinkers might feel shamed or reluctant to speak up. On this site when people relapse and come back after so many days of drinking, if only they’d logged in before that first drink. Hopefully next time they will because this is a safe place to hangout
Old 03-14-2022, 04:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

We wear the badge of sobriety in our hearts and minds, Calm.

Old 03-14-2022, 04:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
I got 110 as well last year rofl. But Dee and Anna are amazingly right. Not a good idea looks like, let's ditch this and move on.
No worries CalmSelf
D