Blogs

Notices

GOD THIS IS SO HARD! Tell me to PUSH FORWARD! 😭

Old 03-12-2022, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

GOD THIS IS SO HARD! Tell me to PUSH FORWARD! 😭

Iím 22 days clean and sober from fentanyl and 12 days clean from suboxone and I catch a virus I just canít get rid of right after finally getting over painful withdrawals 🤒 it makes it so much harder now to sleep and to rest and feel normal and my mind keeps racing back and forth and all I want to do is stay clean but i donít because when your high itís so much easier to be sick. I NEED SUPPORT and I have none tell me things are going to be okay and will get better because right now itís just day after day I feel like Iím getting worse and I still feel like Iím withdrawaling but I think itís just the fever that wonít break. ( I know this sounds dumb as **** but yes Iím on antibiotics and they donít seem to be working like they would if I was high and asleep) 😭
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jj2518 For This Useful Post:
16YearsDrunk (03-12-2022), Anna (03-12-2022), Colin1 (03-12-2022), Hawkeye13 (03-12-2022), least (03-12-2022), mnjen (03-13-2022), Robbie64 (03-12-2022), Steely (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 10:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep on going! You have got this. I was so happy to see your post on my thread, and I can't wait to see your next milestone. Fentanyl is one heck of a drug to quit, adn to make it 22 days is such an achievement.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 16YearsDrunk For This Useful Post:
Colin1 (03-12-2022), mnjen (03-13-2022), Robbie64 (03-12-2022), Steely (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 10:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Be proud of yourself for getting off the fentanyl and suboxone. That's a lot for your body and mind to go through. And, having a virus on top of that is not going to make things easier. Hopefully the virus will clear up quickly. If you are concerned about the virus, you could check with your doctor? Since you're already on antibiotics, I assume you have that. Early recovery is a time when you really need to be patient. It will get better and you will be okay.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:
16YearsDrunk (03-12-2022), Colin1 (03-12-2022), least (03-12-2022), Steely (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 11:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jj2518 View Post
Iím 22 days clean and sober from fentanyl and 12 days clean from suboxone and I catch a virus I just canít get rid of right after finally getting over painful withdrawals 🤒 it makes it so much harder now to sleep and to rest and feel normal and my mind keeps racing back and forth and all I want to do is stay clean but i donít because when your high itís so much easier to be sick. I NEED SUPPORT and I have none tell me things are going to be okay and will get better because right now itís just day after day I feel like Iím getting worse and I still feel like Iím withdrawaling but I think itís just the fever that wonít break. ( I know this sounds dumb as **** but yes Iím on antibiotics and they donít seem to be working like they would if I was high and asleep) 😭
I understand what you are going through with opiate recovery. I too am recovering from opiate abuse. When I began my path of recovery I had gotten sick many of times. When we abuse opiates we forget the physical and mental pain even the flu didn't seemed to bother me. But wam everything feels like it's falling apart. Your doing well this cold will pass and you will get stronger from it. The after the physical withdrawal the mind can go hyper mode work on it one step at a time. Read a nice book watch some funny videos when you begin to get stronger get thw body moving. I had asked a higher power to help lesson the load I was carrying. But everything seemed so hard still yet. I just kept with it step by step. Problems and obstacles will occur in life . But I truly believe the load was not lifted , with fate and hard work my legs and back began to get stronger and the load did not feel so heavy. This was my personal experience from my path. You will get stronger.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickyone For This Useful Post:
JamesW (03-12-2022), Steely (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think it's important to realize/remember when going through times like you described
is that while in the midst of withdrawals, etc., we simply cannot remember, let alone believe in,
normal healthy feelings.

But they'll come back, and you'll "remember" it then.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Everything is going to be ok.

As Anna said (and you KNOW), you are withdrawing from 2 powerful drugs, and have a virus on top. That's not easy, but it can be done, with patience, and with kindness to yourself. Keep your eye on the prize, always.

If you have a bath pour in some Epsom salts and soak yourself. Good for muscles, relaxation. No cure that's for sure, but it will help a little. If you can't eat, try oats, they are good for you, and easy to digest. Drink water, and keep hydrated.

Suggestion only, but do you think you might find detox helpful? You will have support around you 24/7. It's really easy to lose motivation when on your your. Don't lose motivation you have come this far and are doing great! It will get easier as each day passes.

I no longer use12 Step programme, but found them very helpful in the beginning. Supportive people who understood the struggle. There's also SMART Recovery, and lots more in terms of group settings.

You will get lots of support from people here to help keep you motivated. I hope you continue to post because it's clear that being clean is what you want for yourself. And it can be done.

Keep going.

I am a only a little over 2 years sober, and life is soooo much better.

You CAN do this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steely For This Useful Post:
16YearsDrunk (03-12-2022), JamesW (03-12-2022), least (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Samantha

You can do it!! It's not easy but you will then yourself later. We are all here with you and for you
Old 03-12-2022, 07:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you feeling now Jj?

D