Notices

Web of Deceit ~ Weekenders 11 - 14 March 2022

Old 03-12-2022, 12:59 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

A 7 day migraine sounds truly horrendous PJ. Hope it has now completely gone away and you have a good day today.

Just wanted to pop in here and say a word about Mags - one of the kindest, most thoughtful, compassionate people I’m proud to call a friend. I’ve never met Mags in real life but I feel like I know her - and so do my husband and children because Mags remembers our birthdays and she sends cards and gifts and countless messages, just to say hello. There’s so much horror and darkness in the world right now, it can be easy to forget about the good and that’s why I’m going to start making a conscious, daily effort to call out the good, starting with Mags. Thank you Mags for all your support and kindness over the years. You inspire me to be a better person and I honestly believe that’s the best thing anyone can ever do. Looking forward to a sober weekend xxx
Old 03-12-2022, 03:32 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good morning Weekenders!

I'm having a typical lazy Saturday morning. I'm currently watching a sports channel from Australia. I've subscribed to an IPTV service which allows me to watch channels from overseas. There's literally thousands of channels to choose from (something like 7,000 I believe) but my main motivation for getting the service is so that I can watch whichever English Premier League football (soccer) matches that I want. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop at the moment!
Old 03-12-2022, 03:46 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aw shucks, Kenton, thanks for your kind words. I blushed. It’s vice versa too love. Your kindness is fathomless. So glad we’re sober. ❤️

Robbie that sounds an interesting tv Service. Enjoy your football.
Old 03-12-2022, 03:48 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Magsie

Old 03-12-2022, 05:06 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Baked scallops day, had no idea. We get scallops in the Gulf of Mexico, but the season is during the summer. It's a lot of fun for a family or group activity. We take the boat to certain areas, anchor, and everyone snorkels around collecting them. Water is typically from 3 to 10 feet, 1 to 3 meters. Use to be just another excuse to drink a lot. Now, I'm sober guy, hangover free, safety officer and first responder on scene. There are sharks, but we've not had a problem with them. That's mostly just if you are spearfishing and have a string of fish, they try to take them from you.

PJ, sorry about your headache.

Athensdawg, glad the new job is going well.

Least, I use to drink most day, starting around 4 pm. It made little difference if I was alone or not.

Forwards, glad the house hunting is proceeding.

Kenton, that's very nice.

Robbie, that sounds interesting. We spend more than I ever thought I would spend for tv service, and still don't get half the sports we want.
Old 03-12-2022, 05:34 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Kenton, I second what you said about our lovely Mags!
PJ, how awful, I hope you're suffering less at present.
Baked scallops sound yummy!
Old 03-12-2022, 06:30 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders! This will be my 10th sober weekend and today is Day 70 for me. Like Canadian Koala, I too am looking forward to daylight savings. The winter months are tough physically and mentally and the spring breeze is quickly approaching!!! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 03-12-2022, 07:05 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 weeks / 70 days Chancellor!

When does daylight savings time start in Canada? Here in the UK the clocks fo forward on Sunday 27 March. I love the light nights. Around June 21 it doesn't get dark where I live until around 10.45pm and then it starts getting light around 3.30am. I love it, it's much better than December 21 when it doesn't start getting light until 7.45am and it is dark around 4.15pm.
Old 03-12-2022, 07:20 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi PJ, Sorry it was a rough weekend. I rarely get headaches, probably less than 10 in my 60 years, but they sure did hurt when I got them. Glad you have meds, you took them, and it feels better.

Robbie, how you doing? Hoping you’ve got that toolbox out. 🤓

Kenton, agree that Mags is AMAZING. Ab so lute ly. 🎊🪅🎏💥🎈🎁🎉🪄. Agree about gratitude, it’s wonderful how many grat packs are active in SR.

Chancellor, great job on 10 weeks. AWESOME

AHhh, yes, the tangled web we weave. As I heal, sometimes horrific shameful memories come up. I accept them, learned from them, and am moving on. 👍🏼😃

Least, are you back home? I’ve been praying for your comfort…..🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Best to all!

My youngest is coming up for a week, expected to arrive tonight. 😘🥰😍

Old 03-12-2022, 07:21 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Welcome Oldie!
Athens congrats on 4 months and Chancellor congrats on 70 days. Today is my 450 day sober date.
PJ I am glad you feel better. I am grateful I don't get migraines. My mother and sister do.
Kento very sweet about Mags. Mags you are special.
Cityboy your scallop adventures sound fun.

I am trying to move forward with my life but, of course, I can't stop thinking about my brother. I miss him so much and keep hearing his voice in my head. Today I am wearing one of his shirts. I never thought I would be his first emergency contact, that I would plan his memorial and write his obituary. We were pretty close but I live in NC and my family is all down in St. Pete, Florida. My other brother is absolutely devastated. They were only a year and half apart and like twins. They served in the Navy on the same ship. Anyway, I will just continue to cherish the memories. Thinking of planting a tree in his memory or something.
Old 03-12-2022, 07:48 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

CBS, planting a tree in your brother's memory sounds like a wonderful idea

Free, I mostly have the toolbox out but keep forgetting to use it at the most appropriate moment. I still have problems dealing with cravings and keep giving in to them after a few days of having them. I must try harder next time I get them.

Old 03-12-2022, 07:58 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
A 7 day migraine sounds truly horrendous PJ. Hope it has now completely gone away and you have a good day today.

Just wanted to pop in here and say a word about Mags - one of the kindest, most thoughtful, compassionate people I’m proud to call a friend. I’ve never met Mags in real life but I feel like I know her - and so do my husband and children because Mags remembers our birthdays and she sends cards and gifts and countless messages, just to say hello. There’s so much horror and darkness in the world right now, it can be easy to forget about the good and that’s why I’m going to start making a conscious, daily effort to call out the good, starting with Mags. Thank you Mags for all your support and kindness over the years. You inspire me to be a better person and I honestly believe that’s the best thing anyone can ever do. Looking forward to a sober weekend xxx
Awesome, Mags. You are the best!!!
Old 03-12-2022, 08:46 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Magsie

CBS, you’ve done wonderful to write your brother’s obituary. Planting a tree for him will be very special.
450 days is brilliant!

Chancellor, good work on 70 days!

Robbie, I love the light mornings and evenings too. The days seem so short through winter.

Thanks again! I’ll go sit quietly in the corner now.

Love to all the Weekenders xxxx

Old 03-12-2022, 09:21 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I agree Kenton. Mags is the best.
PJ, so sorry about your migraine. I've been sufferring with them too for about the same time frame. It makes life so difficult. My meds aren't even working. So glad you are on the mend. Love and peace to you, my friend.
Have a wonderful Saturday everyone. So good to see you all.
Old 03-12-2022, 10:22 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chancellor View Post
Hello Weekenders! This will be my 10th sober weekend and today is Day 70 for me. Like Canadian Koala, I too am looking forward to daylight savings. The winter months are tough physically and mentally and the spring breeze is quickly approaching!!! Have a great weekend everyone!
70 days is solid. Great going, Chancellor!
Old 03-12-2022, 10:28 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders,
Robbie, daylight savings time begins early tomorrow.
CBS, I think planting a tree in your brother's memory would be a lovely idea. I found reading poetry at the time of my husband's death very soothing. I don't know if folks here like poetry and if you don't mind I will post a poem I heard it read this morning on a podcast. It isn't necessarily to do with recovery, but it spoke to me with regard to recovery, dealing with the av, managing mood. It's by a Canadian female poet named Rupi Kaur.

List of things to heal your mood:
cry it. walk it. scream it.....
if after all that. you are still...
the answer is no.
the answer is breathe.
sip tea and feel your nervous system settle.
you are the hero of your life.
this feeling doesn't have power over you.
the universe has prepared you to handle this.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:29 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aly hope your migraine goes soon .

Leshar, thanks, interesting poem. I just looked Rupi Kaur up. I like what she writes!
Old 03-12-2022, 11:35 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thank you, dear Mags.
Old 03-12-2022, 02:42 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Nice to see you in here my dear Kenton!
Old 03-12-2022, 03:19 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

feel better soon Aly

D