Notices

Web of Deceit ~ Weekenders 11 - 14 March 2022

Old 03-10-2022, 06:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

You stated that really perfectly, Adair. I really became the kind of person I intensely disliked. What a psychic disconnect that was. There I was, behaving in a way that really offended me, and I felt so stuck in it. What a relief to find out that the "real" me was in there the whole time, just waiting to be released from that web of deceit.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you, Mags!
I'm in!
Old 03-10-2022, 10:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders adair!

Just read that London has a pigeon obesity problem.

Attached Images
Old 03-10-2022, 11:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Tee hee, Saou! Every time I hear or read the word pigeon it reminds me of Manuel in Fawlty Towers and his hilarity over pig--eons. He thought Basil meant pigs who could fly. Those London pigeons must be nearing a small pig proportion!
Old 03-10-2022, 11:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I love Fawlty Towers so much that I went to great lengths to get the whole thing on DVD. That turned out to be quite difficult. I could not find a set that is coded for US DVD players - for some weird reason. Licensing, I guess. So I got one coded for UK players and I had to jailbreak it, using some really confusing software that I downloaded and could only use twice without paying a lot for it. So, the whole series lives on my laptop. I turn to it when I need some actual belly laughs.
Old 03-10-2022, 12:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jo and Leshar, I LOVE thrift and consignment shops too!🪑🛌🧸🏺🚲🪕🫖🥾👗👚👘

Funny about the pigeons and cat😂😂😂

OMG, what a GREAT opening thread, Mags, as always, thank you!

Like Adair said, the wonderful, happy person that was my soul had been buried so deeply in self loathing, deceit, self harm, etc, but that soul was STILL ALIVE, and I finally, FINALLY, made the decision, the 100% decision, to save her, and cast out the yucky addict. It was time.

Did I do it on one try? Have I tried and still try many different recipes for actual “recovery” (as opposed to just abstinence)? Do I sometimes rarely have thoughts come streaking by about “gee, it sure would be nice to have one….” No, Yes, and YES.

Im not going back to that ever, and I don’t allow (yes, I DECIDE) those fleeting evil, lying thoughts (I mean, when did I EVER have just ONE?😳🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥 to stay for tea in my head. THAT would be a disaster.

Agree, honesty with self FIRST. I was out of control when alcohol was INSIDE me. I am in COMPLETE control when it’s on the shelf. I control my arms, legs, hands, feet and mouth. We all do. 💪🏼🦵🏼🤚🏼🦶🏼👄

Thank you for a wonderful thought provoking, great discussion inducing OP, Mags. 😘🥰😍🤓
Old 03-10-2022, 12:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Do you have Amazon dear Marty? They finally put all of Fawlty Towers on Prime Video.
Not that you need it since you already have it....sorry.....I and every Aussie I know am a huge fan of that show. ❤️
Old 03-10-2022, 01:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I DO have Prime Video!! I will go look! I'd rather stream it to my big TV than watch it on my computer!
Old 03-10-2022, 01:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Jo and Leshar, I LOVE thrift and consignment shops too!🪑🛌🧸🏺🚲🪕🫖🥾👗👚👘

Funny about the pigeons and cat😂😂😂

OMG, what a GREAT opening thread, Mags, as always, thank you!

Like Adair said, the wonderful, happy person that was my soul had been buried so deeply in self loathing, deceit, self harm, etc, but that soul was STILL ALIVE, and I finally, FINALLY, made the decision, the 100% decision, to save her, and cast out the yucky addict. It was time.

Did I do it on one try? Have I tried and still try many different recipes for actual “recovery” (as opposed to just abstinence)? Do I sometimes rarely have thoughts come streaking by about “gee, it sure would be nice to have one….” No, Yes, and YES.

Im not going back to that ever, and I don’t allow (yes, I DECIDE) those fleeting evil, lying thoughts (I mean, when did I EVER have just ONE?😳🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥 to stay for tea in my head. THAT would be a disaster.

Agree, honesty with self FIRST. I was out of control when alcohol was INSIDE me. I am in COMPLETE control when it’s on the shelf. I control my arms, legs, hands, feet and mouth. We all do. 💪🏼🦵🏼🤚🏼🦶🏼👄

Thank you for a wonderful thought provoking, great discussion inducing OP, Mags. 😘🥰😍🤓
Thanks for a great post, as always, Free, with which I identify greatly.
Our provincial liquor stores here are government controlled and are known as LCBO. I've rearranged the letters in my mind to remind me who I become when I go through those doors: OCLB. An Out of Control Lush Binger. No more.
Old 03-10-2022, 03:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I DO have Prime Video!! I will go look! I'd rather stream it to my big TV than watch it on my computer!
I am going to be watching with you....I can never get enough of this show. Just reading a quote has melted me into a puddle of happiness

Sybil: Don’t shout at me. I’ve had a difficult morning.
Basil: Oh, dear, what happened? Did you get entangled in the eiderdown again? Not enough cream in your eclair? Hmmm… or did you have to talk to all your friends for so long that you didn’t have time to perm your ears?
Old 03-10-2022, 08:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Weekenders, hope you’re all ok

Marty I love Fawlty Towers. It’s hard to believe there was so few episodes.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:45 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

End of Day 117 - Ran 4.8 miles, tomorrow I am planning to cut down my carb intake thru intermittent fasting. Let us see how that goes.
Congrats to everyone who made a new milestone today. Good night from Seattle!
Old 03-10-2022, 11:08 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Magsie

Goodnight calmself, your doing great!
Old 03-10-2022, 11:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I also love browsing and spending time in thrift stores. What is that saying..”one persons trash is another persons treasure?” I’ve found some really terrific treasures over the years.

Day 28 for me. Looking forward to an alcoholic and hangover free weekend. Every day isn’t easy but every night I put my sober head on my pillow I am grateful and proud of myself. Building myself back up one day at a a time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend 🙂
Old 03-11-2022, 03:46 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders!

We'll be moving the clocks forward one hour this weekend in Canada.
I like Daylight saving time because it means I'll use my bbq very soon!

Have a good day! ☼
Old 03-11-2022, 05:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2bfree View Post
I also love browsing and spending time in thrift stores. What is that saying..”one persons trash is another persons treasure?” I’ve found some really terrific treasures over the years.

Day 28 for me. Looking forward to an alcoholic and hangover free weekend. Every day isn’t easy but every night I put my sober head on my pillow I am grateful and proud of myself. Building myself back up one day at a a time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend 🙂
Congrats dear Time2bfree....and I just fixed the post in the 24! s xxx ❤️
Old 03-11-2022, 05:17 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canadian Koala View Post
Hello Weekenders!

Have a good day! ☼
grumble grumble....I love the light in the mornings.
Old 03-11-2022, 06:43 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canadian Koala View Post
Hello Weekenders!

Have a good day! ☼
Hi Canadian Koala, I have chipmunk visitors already! A good month ahead of last year. They ruin my lawn, but I forgive them!
Old 03-11-2022, 08:44 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations Time2bfree on day 28. My mum used to say “one man’s meat is another man’s poison “.

Koala I hope you don’t get as confused as I do moving the clocks. Thankfully there’s not many too change by hand anymore.

Suze, it’ll soon be light at 4am.

Hi Leshar

Old 03-11-2022, 09:22 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I loved Fawlty Towers too. John Cleese is so talented. I loved him in a movie, I think it was called Clockwise, something like that. I went with a friend and I laughed my head off, she didn't think it was funny. Go figure. Anyway, I wish they'd show some of those old shows again.