Notices

Take a Break this weekend - Weekenders 04 - 07 March 2022

Old 03-03-2022, 09:45 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Sincere condolences, Sao.

End of Day 110. Took a day off today to just relax a bit. No AV or triggers. Congrats to all folks who stayed sober today.

Good night from Seattle!
Old 03-03-2022, 11:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Daisy got some big ideas yesterday, chasing all the pigeons and geese. Most of which were bigger than her!

Old 03-04-2022, 12:01 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Magsie

Goodnight calmself!

Kaily, brave Daisy!
Old 03-04-2022, 01:08 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags for the opening post. I'm IN for a sober weekend. However I did end up drinking earlier this week. I was away with friends for a couple of days and gave in without much persuasion. I won't be doing that again.

I was in Northumberland with friends and we had gone to scatter some of the ashes of a friend who died last September. I have to admit it didn't take much to get me to drink. But I've stopped again. I also intend to just take it easy this weekend. To take a break, to quote the title of this thread. I saw some sense, some of my friends are now heading on to Keswick in Cumbria to scatter the rest of the ashes in the Lake District. Had I gone with them I probably would have drank all weekend. Thankfully one of my friends had to come back home this morning as he's working this weekend so I was able to get a lift back home.

I hope the weather is better where everyone is, all it's done for the last 24 hours is rain. It's horrible weather.
Old 03-04-2022, 01:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Glad you came right back Robbie

Look at Daisy go!

Continuing my self-care practice....tomorrow I have two appointments: acupuncture then an iv vitamin drip...I'll be a human pin cushion this weekend
Old 03-04-2022, 01:44 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Is anyone else having problems wit the forums loading up properly? I keep getting a blank page.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:39 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Magsie

It’s been ok so far for me Robbie.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:40 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Magsie

.. oops. Double post.

Old 03-04-2022, 02:50 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

It's working fine now. Must have just been a temporary glitch.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:52 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I think it's a tremendous ego boost for a dog to have a bunch of large birds fly to escape from it.

Being very insecure about my spelling, and doing frequent online spell checks, learned from an online source that in the US, it is spelled "totaled", while in the UK, it is spelled "totalled".

Busy day ahead.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:54 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Purp, hope the appointment goes well.

Robbie, sorry about your friend.
Old 03-04-2022, 05:33 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Robbie, I'm glad you came right back. I'm sorry about your friend.
Kaily, that is a lovely photo!

When I read the title of this thread, I can't help but think of the advert "Take a break, take a Kitkat". I hope that isn't against forum rules, mentioning a product. My late mother who had dementia loved that treat. Near the end, which was difficult, my sibs and I were visiting her and my brother gave her the chocolate bar. She happily ate it, then licked her finger to mop up all the chocy/crumby bits, good to the last morsel. My brother said "did you enjoy that"? She responded, "not really" !!! We all laughed our heads off and it was a light moment in a sad time.
Old 03-04-2022, 05:46 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Yes Robbie, I have been having trouble with loading the page or refreshing it. I posted about it in the technical thread. Glad you are back and sober, well done.

Cityboy Daisy was so proud of herself, she kinda strutted back. Alfie was on his lead, his chasing is much more forceful.

Leshar nice that you had that brief smile at such a difficult time. I want to lick chocolate of my fingers now but there is none in the house for health and safety reasons.

The swagger

Old 03-04-2022, 06:08 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Daisy is adorable.

Glad you came right back, Robbie. And sorry about your friend. The fact that you gave in and drank so easily I think means you need some extra tools in your toolbox. What do you think you can do next time a situation like that comes up?

I have not heard a peep from my friend since he told me he was in the hospital. I guess that means he's sobered up (detoxed) and maybe he's feeling too embarrassed. I understand that. I know he's alive because he posted a meme on facebook last night. I texted him this morning asking how he is and offering some encouragement/advice, while at the same time kind of telling him I can't be his only support. I didn't say that outright, just said that I don't know what I can say that I haven't already said and that he needs local support (he lives too far from me for casual visiting, about an hour away). I suggested another treatment stint if he can, or at least going and getting himself a really good sponsor. I'll see if he responds today.
Old 03-04-2022, 07:07 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Got my appt with the GI doctor in an hour. I hope s/he can help me.
Old 03-04-2022, 07:20 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hope your appointment goes well, least
Robbie,sorry you drank, glad you came right back. I’m so scared that if I fall off, go out, drink or whatever, I might NEVER come back.
Cityboy, isn’t it cool the differences and similarity in our languages?
Kaily, glad the dog had fun, the dog owner would be chastised here for not having it on a lead, glad you both have the freedom. Are the neighbors any better? I’ve lost track of that situation sadly
Marty, hope your friend chooses life

Feeling weird here, maybe PAWS, maybe just sick of tourists and their noise. My hand is taking FOREVER to heal (had skin cancer surgery on it just over two weeks ago, a big hole, small hand, and NO subQ tissue to speak of 😫
Old 03-04-2022, 10:21 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The GI doctor was a really nice guy, young and friendly. He made an appt for a colonoscopy and endoscopy early in May. I really like him and trust him. He did not offer any meds just the procedure in May and then an appt with him to go over the results.

He showed me the ultrasound of my abdomen and said my liver was too big and my gall bladder was in the wrong place and was pushing on my colon. No idea what that's all about...

Anyway, it was a good appt and I really like this doctor.
Old 03-04-2022, 10:31 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm glad your appointment went well least. Hopefully you can get your health problems sorted out.
Old 03-04-2022, 10:32 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good luck, Purps! Sounds very healthy. I got a B12 shot not too long ago. I think they help.
In for the weekend with all you great people!
Old 03-04-2022, 11:09 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

My friend got back to me after I texted him again this morning to ask how he was. He was not put in detox, he was actually admitted with an irregular heartbeat. Which I strongly suspect was either caused by or exacerbated by the drinking. He apologized for his horrible behavior. I told him I was not mad at him but that I might be if he doesn't take care of himself. I was highly annoyed by his behavior, but at the same time, I understood he was crying out in desperation. Still going to hold fast to my line of not allowing drunk conversations.