Notices

22 days, i got a little annoyed

Old 03-01-2022, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

22 days, i got a little annoyed

last night, phoned my husband and he had a drink inside of him, i found myself getting annoyed, he said i would rather drink outside of the house and not tell you because you are doing so well, anyway after hanging up i thought about it rationally and told myself that is the jealousy because i cant drink, then i thought do you know what i dont want to drink, i certainly dont want those feelings that i get from drinking to return.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No, Mummy, those feelings are terrible. Your husband is right tho, you are doing so well. Sobriety is so much better.

Happy days.
Old 03-02-2022, 03:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mummy2 - my husband still has the occasional beer both inside the house and when we go out - at first I was not that happy, even jealous that he can 'moderate' and I can't - now, I accept it, and the funny thing is I even like the fact I can sit there and enjoy my lime and soda and feel calm - sounds like after some reflection you have too - well done!
Old 03-02-2022, 04:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes Dustyfox, i over exaggerated the situation, if he went loopy when drinking i would have something to be annoyed at but he just takes himself off to bed bless him, unlike myself.
Old 03-02-2022, 04:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It never ceases to amaze me how people can just toddle off to bed after a couple of drinks. But I suppose I amaze others when I dance in the the tossed salad after more than a few. Fair's fair. 😂
Old 03-02-2022, 05:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Haha i know, i just want to continue the party, normally by myself talking aload of rubbish to people that aren't even there omg alcohol has a lot to answer for.
Old 03-02-2022, 08:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you Mummy. It amazes me to this day the people in my life who can have a glass of wine or two then stop. I'll certainly never understand it, but the good thing it, it has got nothing to do with me anymore. I don't need to understand it.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's certainly odd that my other half after years of heavy drinking can now have one tiny little beer and be happy...I literally can't understand it.....the old me would think what is the point in that tiny little beer ...that thimble of wine...but hey ho...it is no longer anything I care about.
Old 03-02-2022, 10:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes, i think in early sobriety like me, you can get resentful, but i can see it for what it is now, i could not see it before or i did not want to see it perhaps, anyway none of my buisness if he wants to wake up with a sore head, onwards and upwards.