Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Breezing through the storms ~ Weekenders 18 - 21 February 2022

Notices

Breezing through the storms ~ Weekenders 18 - 21 February 2022

Old 02-18-2022, 09:48 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Great song sao! 'Thriller' is still a great album.
Old 02-18-2022, 10:06 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Samantha

Today is my day 20. It's the second day in a row my coworker hasn't showed up for work.
she says she's working from home but when I talked to her at 930 she said she just woke up and wasn't coming in.
her son is "sick" - ie....sleeping all day. He is an adult and can fend for himself.
this is the busiest week weve had in a long time and she knows that.
what a poor excuse.
Rant over.
I'll stay sober this weekend.
Old 02-18-2022, 10:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Magsie

Samantha congratulations on day 20. Sorry your workload went up with your co worker off. A sober weekend sounds great!

Beautiful Japanese Maple, CBS.

Love a bit of Michael Jackson, can’t beat it!

Old 02-18-2022, 11:11 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Oh my word, CBS, that is a splendid tree!
Old 02-18-2022, 01:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

CBS that tree is absolutely beautiful
Congratulations on 14 months! Wonderful
Old 02-18-2022, 01:48 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Love the Japanese Maple.

Old 02-18-2022, 04:21 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Beautiful tree pics!

Damn anxiety...I look forward to getting through each day, then week, then it's Friday like "Now what do I do" ~ not that I feel like drinking; just sometimes I have a hard time relaxing....good time to do some stretches + a guided meditation....

Looking forward to an acupuncture appointment tomorrow

Old 02-18-2022, 05:51 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've come thru some storms and have managed alright because my sober roots are deep. There is nothing that could make me drink, not for love nor money. At this stage of my sobriety, the thought of drinking never enters my mind, except as a passing "boy I'm glad I don't drink anymore!" So nice to be free of those chains.
Old 02-18-2022, 06:08 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Lovely tree photo.
Old 02-18-2022, 07:06 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi PJ 🤓😍
Old 02-18-2022, 10:03 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Weekenders

I hope everyone is safe from storms in their area.

The best feeling for me, it never gets tiring, is waking up at the weekend hangover free.
Old 02-18-2022, 10:58 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

End of Day 97 - just wrapping up a late night comedy flick , had great fun. Ah life is so relaxing and real without alcohol.
Good night from Seattle!!
Old 02-18-2022, 11:21 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Lots of trees and fences down locally. Thankfully my new fence stayed up. Several roads are blocked as trees lying across them.

I couldn't get out to walk the dogs, the risk didn't seem worth it and I think they might of blown away . I was going stir crazy, thoughts of drinking slipped in again wanting to relieve the boredom and loneliness. I didn't even have a chocolate substitute to calm my wandering thoughts. I do wonder if it will ever go away.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:05 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

It will Kaily. It dose get easier. Glad you got through the storm. Breezy here again today on the south coast of Ireland but we got away unscathed. Looking forward to a walk again today.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:39 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is safe from Eunice's path....Saw on Twitter that it could be the worst storm to hit the UK in 30 years?!? Yikes!
Old 02-19-2022, 03:09 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders!

The storm that hit the UK yesterday was largely confined to the south and south west. Here in north east England we just got the tail end of the storm as it passed out to sea. We had some strong winds but very little else. Sadly 4 people so far have been confirmed as having been killed by the high winds. And speaking of trees, this 200 year old oak tree crashed down onto a house. Thankfully everyone who was in the house at the time is safe https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-60440429

It's football time again today. My favourite team is playing at 12.30pm. It's live on one of the sports channels but unfortunately I don't subscfribe to that particular one. I did toy with the idea of going to the pub to watch it but I would probably end up drinking alcohol so I'm going to stay home and listen to it on the radio. I have put £5 on my team to win, which is probably the kiss of death for them! ⚽

🎶It's currently music time, I'm listening to the still excellent 'Rumours' by Fleetwood Mac. It's 45 years ago today since the album was released in the UK and it's one of the top 10 best selling albums of all time in the UK with sales of 4.6m. I still have my vinyl copy which was given to me as a Christmas present by my dad back in 1977. I've not played it for almost 30 years though as I don't have a working record player. I've since owned it on cassette, CD, download and I have it on my Spotify too. The only album I've owned more copies of is 'Greatest Hits' by Queen (vinyl, cassette, 3 CDs, 1 as part of 'The Platinum Collection', download and streaming). Good job I like those two albums!
Old 02-19-2022, 04:28 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the loss of life and wind damage, but glad everyone here managed.

When Hurricane Irma (nicknamed Irmagedon) came through in 2017, we lost the one tree in the back yard we thought least likely to go down. A large live oak. I think it was the result of the ground remaining saturated for an extended period combined with the high wind. I now take it as a lesson to avoid allowing my roots to remain saturated. I now know that I've always perpetuated situations that caused a chronic unhealthy mental state, and the drinking cycle was reinforced. Unfortionatly, maintaining a distance from, or completely dropping, some old friends has been an integral part of keeping my roots dry.
Old 02-19-2022, 04:28 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
It's currently music time, I'm listening to the still excellent 'Rumours' by Fleetwood Mac. It's 45 years ago today since the album was released in the UK and it's one of the top 10 best selling albums of all time in the UK with sales of 4.6m. I still have my vinyl copy which was given to me as a Christmas present by my dad back in 1977. I've not played it for almost 30 years though as I don't have a working record player. I've since owned it on cassette, CD, download and I have it on my Spotify too.
Hi Robbie,

Would you like my Rumours 8 tracks tape to complete your formats collection?

It was so annoying listening to an album on 8 tracks, it could cut right in the middle of a song...

Have a good day Weekenders! ☼

Old 02-19-2022, 04:39 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I've not seen an 8 track cartridge for decades! The format never really took off in the UK whereas in the US they were immensley popular in the 60s and the first half of the 70s.

Speaking of 'Rumours' here's one track that was left off the final track list, much to the annoyance of Stevie Nicks. The track ended up being the B side of the first single from 'Rumours', Go Your Own Way'. It's considered to be one of Stevie Nicks best songs so I can understand her anger she had with Mick Fleetwood as it was he who decided not to include the song on the album.

A beautiful song. Silver Springs
Old 02-19-2022, 04:41 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Robbie, I hope the game goes well and you don't loose your money. Is there an app that will allow you to stream the game live?