Notices

Checking in day 640

Old 02-13-2022, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in day 640

Hello SR ,

I've haven't been posting for here for a bit. Though I haven't drank or used I feel like day one. The reason I say this is because in my recovery I keep active by always working towards a goal being physical, mentally or spiritual. These have all contributed to having less problems at work and home. But I feel the wear and tear I am sick as I post. I came to terms that failure is also a part of growth but it is a tough one to keep moving forward. Even though I'm sober I feel that isolation and hopelessness that one has when they are day one.
Old 02-13-2022, 11:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh no, sticky! Sounds like depression.

Do you have a dr or therapist, good friends? Interests, hobbies?

Maybe just a good ole walk outside……

These feelings of low will pass, you KNOW IT.

Congrats on your awesome sober time !🎉🎏🎊🪅🪄
Old 02-13-2022, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Man I feel ya!
Change is HARD. We are doing something Very Hard. It's only natural to get winded and beat up a little.
Key is to soldier on through.
You, we, can do it.

The past few months or so I have been struggling with things. Sober but hurting. Tired, overwhelmed.
Never once wanted to drink over it but desperately wanted to get back to the positivity I had in the beginning.
What don't kill us makes us stronger.
I am happy to report things seem to be coming around. Things being my response to life and its challenges.
I am sure they will for you to.

Hang Tough

Awesome Work is 640 Days!
Old 02-13-2022, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Oh no, sticky! Sounds like depression.

Do you have a dr or therapist, good friends? Interests, hobbies?

Maybe just a good ole walk outside……

These feelings of low will pass, you KNOW IT.

Congrats on your awesome sober time !🎉🎏🎊🪅🪄
Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
Man I feel ya!
Change is HARD. We are doing something Very Hard. It's only natural to get winded and beat up a little.
Key is to soldier on through.
You, we, can do it.

The past few months or so I have been struggling with things. Sober but hurting. Tired, overwhelmed.
Never once wanted to drink over it but desperately wanted to get back to the positivity I had in the beginning.
What don't kill us makes us stronger.
I am happy to report things seem to be coming around. Things being my response to life and its challenges.
I am sure they will for you to.

Hang Tough

Awesome Work is 640 Days!
Thank you all for the support. My depression is most definitely creeping in in me especially having a cold. My minds a bit tired at the moment. It will pass I'm sure if it. I haven't had cravings which is a good thing.
Old 02-13-2022, 12:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sticky, have you been able to add things to your life that bring you joy? Congratulations on your recovery and I'm glad that you're getting through this.
Old 02-13-2022, 03:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sticky I am sorry to hear you are feeling down. I get it - sometimes it's just too exhausting to be upbeat an positive all of the the time, we are allowed to feel low and fed up!
You need to let yourself rest and find ways to be kind to yourself. Posting here was an excellent idea.

Low days are inevitable and they will pass. You are an inspiration to many in all you have achieved through your sobriety!
Old 02-13-2022, 03:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you feel down SO.
Don't hesitate to see your Dr if things don't improve, We menfolk often really hate to see anyone about our mental health but it can really help

congrats on your sober time.

D
Old 02-13-2022, 05:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
Thank you all for the support. My depression is most definitely creeping in in me especially having a cold. My minds a bit tired at the moment. It will pass I'm sure if it. I haven't had cravings which is a good thing.
Sounds like you're on top of it Sticky and congrats on your sobriety

Ya, having a cold or dealing with any physical/mental issue can get me down sometimes too. I'm only just over two months sober so I think I'm still in that early phase where just being sober helps a lot. I have felt down at times though so far and what seems to help me is to take it easy on myself, avoid any stress I can, and do what I can to get myself re-set in a 'headspace' that gives me better balance again. With some work I can usually get that done in a day or three, but I have no problem with depression or any significant stressors in my life other than what I dump on myself. If I had real issues doing this I would probably get help with it.

It's great that you're not having any cravings. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 02-13-2022, 08:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 640 days wow, dépression can be really hard, perhaps see your doctor, you're doing brilliant, giving me inspiration I'm on day 6 👍
Old 02-14-2022, 08:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there, man, and post more. We care about you and you will get through this!

Awesome job on 640 days!
Old 02-14-2022, 10:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the amazing support. I let my anger get the best of me. Spouse got home later in the day. I was looking for some comfort and just to spend some quality time. Went sideways quick she wasn't having a great day but took it out on me. I avoided the conflict and headed out to get some air. Then as usual she had to always have the last words. I hit the wall on the way out and injured my arm.
Old 02-14-2022, 12:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Big hugs!
Old 02-15-2022, 10:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well my arm is broken. I can't blame anyone but myself for my actions. I am here still clean working on day 642. Im trying to make the of it at the moment. Sick injured I can't work or exercise a broken heart for the way I acted in front of my family.
Old 02-16-2022, 03:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hang in there sticky
I went through a spell of instant rage not long ago. Probably close in sober days where you are now. Fine one minute then BAM raging lunatic the next, me not you.

Just shows more work to be done.
Empathy and compassion has helped me in dealing with not only others but my inner conflict also.
We are All flawed. Most of us are still good people we just lose sight of the good things at times and become overwhelmed.

It is So Very hard to stop in the middle of an oncoming episode though. We must stop, breath and evaluate whenever possible and think through a proper response instead of going with the primal instinct of anger and rage.

Like I said not easy but just like not taking that first drink when a trigger comes, we get stronger every time we succeed.

This is what I meant about sobriety being hard work.
Coming to terms with life instead of hiding behind a bottle.

Did you handle the situation perfectly, no. Did you recognize you could have handled it better, yes.
That is growth.

If you had drank over it you would have learned nothing.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Did you handle the situation perfectly, no. Did you recognize you could have handled it better, yes.
That is growth.

If you had drank over it you would have learned nothing.

Yes as I am recovering from a cold and my depression is getting better. As I continue my path of recovery I have learned alot from my mistakes. And I do understand the path ahead will continue to have daily life obstacles that we as humans must experience and grow through what we go through. I am here getting back up on 2 feet to continue this path in recovery which is my responsibility and commitment to myself. Today is a new day 643 .Thank you so much for the response.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

That's how we do it.
You're doing great