Notices

Objective wisdom needed.

Old 02-13-2022, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Objective wisdom needed.

Hello SR
I have not posted in awhile but have recently returned to this site and need to be a part of this community. I can relate to everyone so well here and desperately need support.
I am in desperate need of employment. I did receive a job offer on a "trial" basis. The people I interviewed with were cordial and a few warm moments but also moments of awkward silence. When offer the job (trial) I was kinda surprised. I just didn't have that " I got this feeling". Please note My confidence level is at Below rock bottom. Anyhow I spoke to the hiring manager Friday at 5p and asked for more time to decide. I need to advise early Monday. my gut is saying yes you can't not work. I have more interviews and waiting to hear back from another job I'm excited about. but I don't want to loose an opportunity to start working. Help me shut my brain off. Currently Sober once I get past this decision I will be posting for support on staying sober on a regular basis and help support others since that helps me tremendously as well.
Thank you everyone. I am so self conscious about my struggles people pleasing when sober is all I doFaith
Old 02-13-2022, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I understand your dilemma if you want to take up this job since it s on a trial basis. Did you check with the hiring manager as to what it takes for you to get a FTE role? How long is the trial period for and do you like the role?
Also, I don't see any reason why you should stop interviewing. If a better opportunity comes along, you should be able to take it. Think through objectively and choose a path. You will be fine either ways, all the best.
Old 02-13-2022, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Faith,

I don’t see the problem on accepting the job on a trial basis..remember it is a trial to see if they want to keep you but equally it’s a trial to see if you want to work for them..it’s a two way street.

you can still interview for other roles.
Old 02-13-2022, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wonder if you can get more details such as is there a specific reason that the job is offered on a trial basis? Are there certain things you would need to do or learn in order to make the job permanent? How long would the trial period be? I'd probably suggest accepting the offer, but I think it makes it a bit harder to search for and interview for other jobs at the same time.
Old 02-13-2022, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What Harris said, and also being in the NOW can turn off the rumination and worry.

Exercise
Read a book
Do the dishes
Clean out a junk drawer
Take a walk
Pet a pet
Learn something new on youtube
Call a friend
Do a crossword or word find

Hope this helps.

As ALWAYS, water on the inside, and water on the outside.

🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🛁🛀🏼
Old 02-13-2022, 09:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you 💓. I have two interviews Monday. I got the impression that I can start full time but they want the option to terminate me if it is not a good fit. I think I am going to pass on this job. I am getting mixed signals and feelings. As you mentioned I need more clarity on the investment I would be making. There is alot of training involved so it be a waste of everyone's time if my heart is not in it.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think you are making a wise decision.
Trust your intuition on this one. Two interviews on Monday sounds like everything is moving in the right direction. I do think you will have employment in no time.

Old 02-13-2022, 10:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you. And in regards of liking the role. All this ambiguity is telling me no. And the pay does not match the responsibilities.
Thank you all for responding. It really helped. Especially since you were all just as unclear about a trial start. But advised me to keep looking. I am going to treat this job offer as a gift .it was given to me to remind me I have skills and to keep looking and find a position that I and my new employer will both be excited about. I should be grateful not stressing out. Thank you again it would be an ongoing ordeal to not feel settled
Thank you
faith
Old 02-13-2022, 11:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like you’ve made your decision Faith. Good luck with your interviews Monday

D
Old 02-13-2022, 12:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Faith, that's a great attitude to have.
Old 02-13-2022, 12:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good choice, deciding to follow your instincts, Faith. Hopefully, the right job will come along very soon.
Old 02-13-2022, 02:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I am very curious about working from home. Some of the folks I deal with when using tech support are short tempered or dismissive.

What does a tech support person have to lose by being ultra supportive and kind. Knowing how to help people will come with experience, but being the sweetest and kind tech support is totally controllable.

I hear some of us customers can be extremely rude and that might damage a tech support person after a while. I am ready to give it a try once I transition from my current job.

Any thoughts of using your computer and internet connection for a work from home job?

Thanks.