Notices

Can you be addicted to routine, anything?

Old 02-11-2022, 05:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well, I had an obsession over San Pellegrino soda for a long time. Clementina! I have even drove to multiple stores to find it. Before that, I drank huge amounts of Yogi Kava Tea. I also ate pie every night for a very long time. All three of those "obsessions" eventually left.

I was also worried about the obsession but I figured it was better then getting loaded on alcohol. So, drink ALL the ginger non alcoholic Toddy that you possibly can and know that you are doing wonderful things. Not only are you not getting loaded on alcohol but ginger is an anti-inflammatory, anti nausea and has many other health benefits that you are surely benefitting from! 9 month is AMAZING! Hugs all around!
Old 02-11-2022, 02:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mizz it is good to hear, that you and others have obsessed over drinks/food/routines and they eventually passed!
My ginger toddy obsession is not having a negative effect in itself - I am beginning to acknowledge that my life is full of little props and routines and yes addictions ( buying stuff another one, ) that I cant seem to shake. Maybe we all have props and routines that we need, maybe there is no harm in them. They aren't wrecking my life, I think this is just more self realisation happening....it's only taken me a lifetime to get here....!
Old 02-11-2022, 03:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Maybe there is something in the ginger your body wants. This is as much a food craving as anything.
Old 02-11-2022, 04:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You have a point silent run , perhaps my body does need something in ginger - I know it is good for you, but I really do consume a huge amount!
The delivery guy always look at me in amazement when it arrives each week -
Old 02-11-2022, 04:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't see your ginger tea as a problem at all. I love juice and dark chocolate, that's my obsession. But they don't do damage to my life and my health.

I also like to pet my dog a lot. She has fur like satin, smooth and shiny. Petting her always calms me down and puts my mind in a good place.
Old 02-12-2022, 07:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dustyfox View Post
Mizz it is good to hear, that you and others have obsessed over drinks/food/routines and they eventually passed!
My ginger toddy obsession is not having a negative effect in itself - I am beginning to acknowledge that my life is full of little props and routines and yes addictions ( buying stuff another one, ) that I cant seem to shake. Maybe we all have props and routines that we need, maybe there is no harm in them. They aren't wrecking my life, I think this is just more self realisation happening....it's only taken me a lifetime to get here....!
If you start to turn into the Ginger Mascot on "The Ginger People" label then its time to have a conversation with yourself!

On a serious note, I am obsessive over many things and I have to keep myself in check. For one year, I ran and worked out 6 days a week. I obsessively do things. Some of this is healthy and some of it needs to be reigned in at times. Its okay. I think its a balancing act. I can reign myself in and I can work towards balance everyday. I think when people get sober, they really start to examine "every little thing" and then those examinations ease. At least they have for me. What is most important for all of us is our sobriety. Yes, the realizations are so so good and so necessary. We all have props and routines of some sort. You are doing AMAZING!
Old 02-12-2022, 11:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks Mizz - I googled Ginger People -I really, really hope I never turn into that mascot - that was enough to put me off ginger for ever!!