Notices

Day 3 .. Brain fog and nausea

Old 02-07-2022, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 .. Brain fog and nausea

So the familiar brain fog and nausea strikes again. Felt horrible all day and couldn’t concentrate on my work. But managed to drink lots of water and eat some salmon and vegetables just now so hopefully that will balance things back. Like you all say, I never have to go through this again snd I don’t intend to !
Old 02-07-2022, 12:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Those early days just suck don't they? But this too shall pass. And you are so right ICDT - this is the last time you have to endure this. Hang in there.
Old 02-07-2022, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing it, Ican and tomorrow will be better.
Old 02-07-2022, 10:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hopefully you will start to feel better tomorrow, those first few days are rough. I am glad you were able to enjoy a healthy meal, hopefully that helped a little.❤️
Old 02-07-2022, 11:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The first few days really suck! You’re doing the right thing with lots of food and rest. It gets better I promise!
Old 02-08-2022, 02:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Samantha

Sorry to hear you still have nausea. But well done on hanging in there!
Old 02-08-2022, 05:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had a hangover for about a week after my last drinking adventure.
You will get back to normal soon enough! YOU CAN DO THIS!
Old 02-08-2022, 06:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks dear Mizz. I am finding it sooo hard today. I have to renew the non molestation order against my son and don’t know whether to go for a ‘hard’ version barring all contact (what is currently in pls e) , a ‘medium’ version allowing some contact or a ‘lite’ version where he is still barred from my house but we attempt some sort of reconciliation. At this time when I am feeling sooo tired and sick, I would prefer ‘lite’ but everyone tells me to go for the ‘hard’ version …but I can’t help feeling he needs one last chance for guidance… it’s very distressing but I’m not going to drink.
Old 02-08-2022, 07:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Icandothis2013 View Post
Thanks dear Mizz. I am finding it sooo hard today. I have to renew the non molestation order against my son and don’t know whether to go for a ‘hard’ version barring all contact (what is currently in pls e) , a ‘medium’ version allowing some contact or a ‘lite’ version where he is still barred from my house but we attempt some sort of reconciliation. At this time when I am feeling sooo tired and sick, I would prefer ‘lite’ but everyone tells me to go for the ‘hard’ version …but I can’t help feeling he needs one last chance for guidance… it’s very distressing but I’m not going to drink.
No one can tell you what to do in this scenario. It seems like if you open the door then you will get the same results. The only person who changes in this dynamic is you.

When someone shows you who they are believe them the first time- Maya Angelou
Old 02-08-2022, 07:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ican what a horrible situation with your son, I really feel for you.

I hope you feel better tomorrow, I know I felt awful for ages after I stopped drinking. Eating healthy food and keeping hydrated definitely helps though and I remember you are very into healthy eating, and an imaginative cook as far as I recall!
Keep us posted.
Rooting for you.