Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Sober & Happy?, I was dubious - Weekenders 04 - 07 February 2022

Notices

Sober & Happy?, I was dubious - Weekenders 04 - 07 February 2022

Old 02-06-2022, 12:23 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

well done CS
Old 02-06-2022, 12:33 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Sao, thanks for the chuckle about the genius burglar The mind boggles….

I hope you’re all having a good weekend.
Thanks for all your insightful posts about recovery
Old 02-06-2022, 01:52 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good morning Weekenders

It's a sober Sunday morning, the best type of Sunday to have.

Congratulations on 84 days / 12 weeks clamself. I can't remember the last time I walked 5 miles let alone ran 5 miles so well done on running that distance, and in under an hour too.

I'm heading off for a walk soon now that the rain has stopped. Sport on TV all day today too, so another lazy day.

Take care everyone.
Old 02-06-2022, 01:53 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

LOL Sao ~ Reminds me of a story a while back....not sure where I heard it, but someone had broken into a home or business....and got caught because they used the computer to log onto FB and left it open

I went to a meditation workshop yesterday....the person giving the talk mentioned how she used to depend on alcohol to have a good time....it was weird, because for a second I had to reassure myself that everyone wasn't staring at me
Old 02-06-2022, 02:20 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

good morning everyone.

tuesday will be 90 days without alcohol.

I am working some early morning part-time hours at a new position. I'm active and frequently lifting heavy boxes. The position allows me to work and still go to a noon meeting and sometimes a nightly meeting. Its also in a warehouse setting which is something I've never done before. I decided to switch things up a bit from my normal and see what happens. My days start at either 2 or 3 AM, asleep by 7-7:30.

I got a nice reminder from a co-worker yesterday of why I'm glad I don't drink anymore. We were pulling boxes from a belt and stacking them inside a truck and he was hungover. He was struggling to do the task and I was perfectly fine. I could have never done that back in October/early November. I'm in better shape because of exercising/not drinking and it showed with me not having to take any breaks.

I'll eventually be getting another job for the afternoon but I'll figure that out once I'm established in the first job. Life is really good right now. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:04 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

The hangover at work. Yes. Just reinforced the cycle. Feel like warmed over crud all day and the only thing to look forward to is the beer waiting for you in the cooler. Rinse and repeat.

Sao, that's funny. They put a law enforcement report in a publication I get once a month and there are always funny stories about people who are arrested for operating a boat while intoxicated.
Old 02-06-2022, 03:20 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Purp, I think that by the age of 18 or 19, I felt that drinking was not only conducive to having a good time, but was necessary. That idea would prevent me from learning to have a good time without drinking. Now I see my friends who are still stuck in that mindset.
Old 02-06-2022, 04:25 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders!

Congrats on 90 days AthensDawgs

Good one Sao! =)

Have a good Sunday friends ☼
Old 02-06-2022, 05:27 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

AthensDawgs, congraulations on 90 days for Tuesday
Old 02-06-2022, 09:22 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
Good morning Weekenders

It's a sober Sunday morning, the best type of Sunday to have.

Congratulations on 84 days / 12 weeks clamself. I can't remember the last time I walked 5 miles let alone ran 5 miles so well done on running that distance, and in under an hour too.

I'm heading off for a walk soon now that the rain has stopped. Sport on TV all day today too, so another lazy day.

Take care everyone.
Thanks Mags, Phoenix, Robbie and Sao!! Good morning from Seattle. 9 hours and 19 minutes of sleep as per my fitness tracker!
Old 02-06-2022, 09:38 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I heard of a 2am burglar who triggered the alarm, exited the premises, and was picked up a mile away at the end of his trail of footprints in the fresh snow...
Old 02-06-2022, 11:00 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Sunday from The Wild West ~

Pancakes & Bacon down the proverbial hatch some Hours ago for our single, indulgent Day of a Sunday Brekkie.

Chilly, but sunny. My Big Day includes moving our Internet Antenna Box to another Room, and the HD Router with it. Fortunately, the Olympics pipe into the House via Satellite TV, so there won't be any Tech Tribulations. That it's. Throw the Tennis Ball endlessly for MesaPup later and I'll call it a Day. Leftovers for Dinner to keep it simple!

I saw 2 State Troopers giving some Guy a Roadside Sobriety Test yesterday at 3:15. Astonishingly, I never worked myself into that situation in all my Drunken Decades, and will now continue that Track Record forever. I'm glad my dopiness had an 'End Date'...

'Sertao Blues' ~ Slovo

Old 02-06-2022, 11:08 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

^
Beautiful photo MesaMan

I love pictures of the sun rising (or is it setting?). Either way, it's a good excuse to hear this great chilled track from 1989

The Beloved - The Sun Rising

Old 02-06-2022, 11:43 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

well done AD
Old 02-06-2022, 12:08 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good job, Athens Dawgs and Calmself.

I'm sitting here thinking of how much better my life is sober. I rarely feel bad, back pain notwithstanding. I have a clear head and am ready to meet any emergencies that might arise.

Mesaman, nice picture but I was expecting a picture after that of MesaPup. He is such a handsome fella and I love seeing pictures of other people's dogs.
Old 02-06-2022, 12:25 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AthensDawgs View Post
good morning everyone.

tuesday will be 90 days without alcohol.

I am working some early morning part-time hours at a new position. I'm active and frequently lifting heavy boxes. The position allows me to work and still go to a noon meeting and sometimes a nightly meeting. Its also in a warehouse setting which is something I've never done before. I decided to switch things up a bit from my normal and see what happens. My days start at either 2 or 3 AM, asleep by 7-7:30.

I got a nice reminder from a co-worker yesterday of why I'm glad I don't drink anymore. We were pulling boxes from a belt and stacking them inside a truck and he was hungover. He was struggling to do the task and I was perfectly fine. I could have never done that back in October/early November. I'm in better shape because of exercising/not drinking and it showed with me not having to take any breaks.

I'll eventually be getting another job for the afternoon but I'll figure that out once I'm established in the first job. Life is really good right now. Hope everyone is doing well.
Amazing!! I am close to you, Day 85 for me here.
Old 02-06-2022, 12:38 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations calmself

Congratulations AthensDawgs

MesaMan, beautiful pic, you must get some amazing starry skies with no lights polluting the view?

Robbie, good music, suits MesaMan’s pic.

I was watching Winter Olympics earlier. The Snowboarding was brilliant and ‘heart in my mouth’ moments. And the Luge, well! They’re so fast! . I’m worn out watching all those activities.

I have an appointment at the hospital tomorrow for a nerve conduction and electromyography tests to see if there are any nerve/muscle issues with my wrist/hand. I’ll probably not go on the motorway if I remember as there were 40 mile speed limits on parts last time. Fortunately I’d given myself plenty of time. I’ll go the ‘old’ way past Humberside Airport, not as many lorries either.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx

Old 02-06-2022, 12:43 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Congratulations AthensDawg on 90 days and Calmself on 85 days. Great going guys!

Love the landscape there Mesa, it’s stunning! I’m itching to go travelling again. Soon….

I hope all goes well for your trip to the hospital Mags
Old 02-06-2022, 12:49 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hope everything goes well for you, Mags. Sending wishes your way.
Old 02-06-2022, 01:22 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Mags, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Sending love and prayers. Sure hope all goes well for you! Love you!
Love all the posts today.
Happy to see so many doing well, even though there are also a lot of us going through some tough times right now. Love and peace to all, esp anyone sufferring in any way. 💗💫