Notices

Day 6 free of drink and drugs

Old 01-26-2022, 12:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think if I’m harsh on myself that’ll keep me in check with any luck. Plus I’ve got a mini god complex anyway so helps bring me down a ditch or 2 🤣🤣

teeth and gums sore but a lot better that yesterday, feeling good though despite a lack of energy but didn’t get the greatest sleep as teeth taken out both sides so kept rolling on my face in the night.

Glad I’m feeling the pain in a way rather than numbing myself, I did that for to long with drink and drugs for my emotions
Old 01-26-2022, 12:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Notch or 2
Old 01-26-2022, 12:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Be harsh on yourself when you’ve got some sober time under your belt.

As for me, I look back now and think what a c*** I was 🤪
Old 01-27-2022, 02:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well done Freddy, 8 days is a great start.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day 8 feeling great…..ly tired mouth still sore so hardly any sleep last night, had to fight my AV hard today, decided to wash and clean the car and have a bath instead. Thankful cravings have passed now ✌️
Old 01-27-2022, 09:18 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good job on distracting from the AV Freddy. Well done on day 8!
Old 01-27-2022, 10:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Me to

dinner time, bath time for the kids then an early night hopefully
Old 01-27-2022, 10:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome Freddy!

You are off to a good start.
Like Dee I say you got to feel the pain in the beginning. Gives you something to look back on in times of need.

My biggest weapon against the AV is one simple fact. I Do Not Drink. Period. It can say anything it wants but the fact is I don't drink.
Old 01-27-2022, 10:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreddyGeorge View Post
Day 8 feeling great…. Thankful cravings have passed now ✌️
After 8 days, cravings should become more and more manageable, and it will soon be time to transition into a new strategy for what comes next. This is a less bothersome part of recovery, but you're still in the woods. With the cravings gone, what battles are left to fight? You should be home free right? The next phase becomes psychological warfare. It was for me, anyway.

There was no craving induced urges to nag me until I caved in and drank. But my AV adapted, and started sending me rationalizations and sometimes even patted me on the back for doing such a good job and implied that entitled me to a drink. Your AV is surprisingly creative and when you no longer respond to it's cravings, it seems to know just what to tell you to trick you into that drink.

But as from the start, there is one overriding rule you should have put in place, and the same called for behavior still applies, even in the face of better rationalizations or actual reasons; "Never take another drink, no matter how good an idea sounds that pops into your head." Once I mastered that tactic, I really was out of the woods, and 26 years later, I'm still happy to abide by that rule, because I've got way too much to lose. I don't spend a lot of time with the mind games anymore. Now, I'm just a guy that doesn't drink, because there is no benefit or need.
Old 01-27-2022, 12:22 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

26 years is amazing mate, I know my AV is cunning as I am a recruiter / solution to a problem / salesmen my AV is a guy I’d probably hire to work for me 🙈 pesky Wiley bugger!

do you go to AA? Or any other recovery group? I know I need to build on my sober toolbox to out fox the devil on my shoulder
Old 01-27-2022, 10:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, day 9 feeling fine. Face hurts interrupted sleep but still feel fresher than I would do if I’d of had a joint or beer yesterday.

happy Friday one and all
Old 01-27-2022, 10:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

26 years is amazing mate, I know my AV is cunning as I am a recruiter / solution to a problem / salesmen my AV is a guy I’d probably hire to work for me 🙈 pesky Wiley bugger!
Ha ha yes, the AV is unfortunately a brilliant salesman but not an honest one. More of a scammer!
Old 01-27-2022, 11:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Agreed to has no ethics or principles
Old 02-01-2022, 10:04 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Any chance on a small update from the UK?
Old 02-01-2022, 10:38 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Also looking to quit ciggies, I’m currently half and half with vaping but will probably keep the ciggies going for a month or 2 until I’m into more of a sober routine, probably another trick of my addictive mind but feel it might help in the short term
That's exactly what I did. 1 month smoke free!
Old 02-09-2022, 10:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

update… fell off the wagon and felt ashamed to come back. Day 1 starts tomorrow, also have done 4 aa zoom meetings in the last 2 days. Need to commit to this as I feel spiritually broken
Old 02-09-2022, 10:33 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

That's ok FreddyG. You are back and you can get this figured out. It is indeed a broken spirit that is the most painful wound isn't it? We are here with you on this road. Tomorrow is a good Day 1. The beginning of Day 1 tomorrow would be so much more doable if you dump whatever you have left today and spend the rest of the day eating watermelon and drinking water and hot green tea. But we all get where you are at Freddy.

Day 1 tomorrow is a great day to start.
Old 02-09-2022, 10:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Glad you came back freddy

This is hard work but it is So Worth it.
Keep coming back

Old 02-09-2022, 11:17 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

All dumped in the garden earlier, didn’t get drunk or high but did use so doesn’t count as a day 1, had a roast dinner, bathed the kiddies now gonna jump on a hat trick of aa zooms today. The drink and drugs used to be a kind of sanctuary but now they only make me feel worse, they do not work for me anymore.

Yes being sick spiritually is horrible, I dunno why we torture ourselves so much
Old 02-09-2022, 11:34 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Have faith in the fact it does get better