Notices

Well I've hit s new low

Old 01-21-2022, 01:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I don't think this is a 'new low' Freedom. Reads like same old, same old. Talk with your doctors about the difficulty you are having. See an addictions counsellor.

It is possible to stop Freedom. You've just got to do it. Seek support in real world.

Rehab sounds a good idea to me. Are there any in Ireland take dual diagnosis?

My daughter stopped. It is a much better life schizophrenia notwithstanding.

Old 01-21-2022, 01:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Old 01-21-2022, 06:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Freedomfries - We're thinking of you. Hope you'll check in, no matter what's going on.
Old 01-22-2022, 03:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sadly FF, I think you look at posting on SR like some people do on other websites like facebook or twitter. You post something on SR and look for responses or views to see how popular you are. It is pretty clear you have no interest quitting drinking. Your posts prove this. Your main interest is getting as much attention and "likes" you can get. Makes me wonder just how accurate your posts are. If they are true, then your situation is truly serious, but I think you are just looking for a lot of attention like people do on facebook. The bottom line is that you clearly need help but I don't think you see it. Your life. I think the fun you are having with SR with will eventually catch up to you. The bottom line, you need help.John
Old 01-23-2022, 01:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lets keep things constructive here folks.
I'd wager everyone of us here can beat ourselves up way better than anyone else can.

Positive advice and positive suggestions for solutions please.

Thanks
Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 01-23-2022, 01:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

FF, I am not sure if you were arrested for the shoplifting, or if you shoplifted the sanitizer and mouthwash after being arrested, but the fact that you’re drinking them now is dangerous and concerning. I think you need to talk to your parents about inpatient again, and work with your doctors on your medications. Alcohol is dangerous enough, drinking hand sanitizer could kill you.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Bump
Old 01-25-2022, 07:59 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Samantha

I am really sorry to hear this as you were doing quite well and staying busy.
If you're going to steal anyways make it regular booze, I don't think that will kill you as fast as hand sanitizer.
Not sure what you were arrested for, but they have AA in prison....don't they?

I'm praying for the best for you as I do know you can do this and quit for good - you just need to stay focused and WANT this!
you've got this 100%!
Old 01-26-2022, 06:24 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

FF I really hope you are able to get the help you need. You need to engage with your local addiction services, not look for a job and tell them what you are drinking. They will have to get you some inpatient treatment fast.
I am not judging you by what you are drinking but I find it really concerning and you are going end up very poorly indeed.
I am still fighting my way through my addiction. I understand it is difficult but you can't do it alone, you really need a rehab facility before you do some serious damage to your body. I hope you are ok and please let us all know how you are doing
Old 01-26-2022, 07:41 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm thinking about you FF and hope you are in one piece. Check in if you are ready, willing and able. Don't disappear on us man.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:51 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
I don't think this is a 'new low' Freedom. Reads like same old, same old. Talk with your doctors about the difficulty you are having. See an addictions counsellor.

It is possible to stop Freedom. You've just got to do it. Seek support in real world.

Rehab sounds a good idea to me. Are there any in Ireland take dual diagnosis.
St Pats does and would be suitable for FF but unfortunately I don’t think he has private health insurance.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

That's terrible. Tired of lack of services for d&a stuff.

Have you ever been in an alcohol rehab facility Freedom?

What would your doctors say if you requested rehab referral from them? They might have more sway. Drinking hand santiser and getting arrested is surely seen as good reason?

Old 01-27-2022, 08:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I can contact St Pats tomorrow to ask what if any facility there is for non-insured clients. I would have strong reservations about an individual with schizophrenia as well as addiction issues signing up for one of the tougher rehabs. There are plenty in Ireland, but they are not set up to deal with complex mental health needs. St Pats is general psychiatric hospital which is equipped to deal with all types of mental illness. Just my 2c.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:09 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

James Taylor said that knowing how to quit and not wanting to was far worse than wanting to quit and not knowing how. If you want to quit, there are ways. But you have to want it. I got to the point where I wanted it, but let me tell you "relapse" was my middle name. I remember when 30 days sober was a huge achievement. And it was for me. It was a long struggle but I finally was able to go long periods without drinking and finally quit totally. And I was pretty far down the rabbit hole of drinking. Keep trying to quit. Even if you fail, try again. You can do it. Try AA, come post here, go to counseling. Something will work if you want it bad enough. Best wishes on your recovery.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:28 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sortofhomecomin View Post
I can contact St Pats tomorrow to ask what if any facility there is for non-insured clients. I would have strong reservations about an individual with schizophrenia as well as addiction issues signing up for one of the tougher rehabs. There are plenty in Ireland, but they are not set up to deal with complex mental health needs. St Pats is general psychiatric hospital which is equipped to deal with all types of mental illness. Just my 2c.
I think this could only be helpful SOH—if there is option for in-patient that can help treat all aspects, it would be most likely to succeed.
Old 01-27-2022, 10:20 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sortofhomecomin View Post
Freedomfries has been posting on Class of January 2022 Part 2, he appears to be doing well the last few days.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:22 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
Freedomfries has been posting on Class of January 2022 Part 2, he appears to be doing well the last few days.
I hope you are right. But his not responding to any of the posts does not look good. I'd like to think he is in rehab, but he has been opposed to that idea for a long time. Getting away from his parents' influence and put in a place with professionals would be the best thing he could do. But he would be giving up a lot to do this. He has been given free reign to do what he wants to do with no consequences. Being put into a structured environment where he is responsible for his actions and is being held responsible would be a life-changing experience for him. Nobody changes their behaviors without being put in an uncomfortable situation. I talk from experience. If others' didn't intervene, I'd be dead today. The best thing for FF is if his parents intervened to keep his life from downhill, but they have too much invested in his addiction they won't change. Sadly, a sober FF is not in their personal interests. Sad but true. Hope he is doing well. John
Old 01-27-2022, 02:25 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

While we are all chiming in on what's best for FF, maybe FF could chime in what he thinks would work for him. His silence doesn't bode well for him and just makes everyone's advice and concern moot. Through all his threads and posts, he has never once said he would do anything about his drinking. I challenge FF to tell us what he is willing to do curb his drinking!!!! John
Old 01-27-2022, 02:53 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

On 1/22/22, in the Class of January thread he posted that “he made a post on SR while drunk and was too embarrassed to look at it”. It seems probable that he was referring to this thread and likely explains why he is not responding here. Based on his posts in the Class of January thread he appears to be doing better.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:20 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GiftsOfSobriety View Post
On 1/22/22, in the Class of January thread he posted that “he made a post on SR while drunk and was too embarrassed to look at it”. It seems probable that he was referring to this thread and likely explains why he is not responding here. Based on his posts in the Class of January thread he appears to be doing better.
I hope you are right. I m not a part on the class of january, so don't know anything about it. Perhaps he shares more stuff than on his threads but you have to admit his post don't look promising. Quick question, if he is doing better, why doesn't he share that with everybody else on SR? His silence makes me wonder. All he has to do is post on SR and tell everybody he is doing well. PS FF is not too embarrassed to look at his problem. He has posted many times when drunk and seems to have no problem with it. Sadly, he is using you and others to feed his addiction. Maybe I'm wrong, but show how I am wrong. His relationship with his parents will kill him, and they are fine with this.