Notices

To everyone in the USA!

Old 01-21-2022, 07:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

They are multi-use Zebra.
And they are (going to be?) available for everyone at pharmacies.

I ordered some as well form the site the government recommended but they haven't arrived.

EDIT. Sorry, I repeated stuff DriGuy said.....looks like the masks are going to be available in pharmacies end of next week. xx
Old 01-21-2022, 07:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
I read that the N95 masks would be given three to each adult. Are they one-use disposable, or can they be used more than once?
I read in one place that they work at maximum efficiency for 8 hours, either continuously or an hour here and and hour there. But I also got the feeling that we don't know for sure. Another place recommended wearing them until they get dirty. But that doesn't seem that clear. How dirty? From shoveling coal? From riding a bike? From shopping?

For me, I wear them when I go into stores. A half hour in each store would be good for 16 trips. But I only go in a store twice a week or so. They should last a couple of months, I would think. But if they are just laying out in the open when not in use, that apparently uses up some of their life too. Maybe keep them in a plastic bag after they are opened.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I know that my husband is wearing two or three masks together now and feeling very protected. I didn't get my N95s yet, but I did get beard masks (didn't think of that before) as well as the 3 ply blue ones. And I still have the original masks I bought that are washable. He looks hysterical ~ like he is ready for some crazy surgery But so far so good. We are healthy.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been wearing the N95 masks for a month or so and they feel very comfortable and fit really well. DriGuy, I do put mine in a baggie when I take it off and I think that helps prolong their life.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Well, I'll be glad when they are ready for distribution.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

At the start of the pandemic, I had a box of N95 industrial masks, the kind that are stiff and shaped like half of a baseball, so I just wore those, but on a trip to my doctor's office, the nurse said I couldn't wear that type in the clinic, because it had an exhale valve in it, and exhale valves were not permitted. I felt kind of embarrassed, when I realized it protected me, while I was going around breathing on everyone else. Duh!? So I went out and bought the cloth masks that everyone else wore.

Also, keep in mind that there are KN95 masks. They may work as intended, but they haven't been tested by whoever does that, so they are cheaper. Incidentally, I bought my N95s on ebay. They were kind of pricey, but I only bought 5 to see if they fit. At quantities of 20 or so, the price comes down to half at around $1.25 each, but prices on ebay are all over the map, so you have to search and read carefully. Watch for shipping costs too. Sometimes a cheaper item from one seller can have enormous shipping costs.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by least View Post
I know this isn't recovery related, but Newcomers is a very highly trafficked forum, and I wanted as many members as possible to see this. Can you leave it here please?

To anyone in the US. The gov't website for (four) free at home covid tests is www.covidtests.gov It launched a day early. I just ordered mine. It took me a minute to do so. No money needed. Arrives in a week or two. You can enter your email address if you want to be notified of shipping times.
Starting this week, households in the US can order a second rapid test kit with four tests. Just go to the site linked above and you can get a second test kit.
Old 03-07-2022, 02:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Starting this week, households in the US can order a second rapid test kit with four tests. Just go to the site linked above and you can get a second test kit.
Thank you very much
Old 03-08-2022, 10:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
~sb

It's been way too long and I still don't have mine yet!
Old 03-08-2022, 04:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
It's been way too long and I still don't have mine yet!
From in January?? Order a second test kit and see what happens. Can you go to the website and see if there's a 'contact us' there? I'd contact them, if you can, and tell them you still haven't gotten your first kit.

I went to the website and there's an 800 number you can call. I'd call and tell them you haven't gotten your kit yet.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:31 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

got mine a week ago from January. Imagine there millions being sent so wasn't surprised when it was late. USPS sends confirmation email and then you do get a tracking number once it ships. Mine wasn't shipped till last week of March and then got here 2 days earlier than they said on confirmation ETA.
Old 03-08-2022, 10:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

edit= mailed last couple days of Feb.