Notices

Going to get a hotel room for the night

Old 01-08-2022, 08:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It’s domestic abuse, denial if you don’t think it will escalate. It’s endangering your sobriety.

You WILL be ok if you leave, you will find a way.

Lots of good responses here. Don’t ignore them, at least for your sons. The older one loves you both, and is being stretched like a rubber band. The 4 year old is learning how to treat women. They are helpless to change the situation, but you are not.

Get out, stay sober.

Get professional help

Turn off location so older son is not put in a bad in between situation.

Old 01-08-2022, 03:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How are you?
Old 01-08-2022, 03:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Feel so bad when i read through this thread, Jillian. Hope things turn around very soon. Sending love and prayers your way. Take care of yourself and your little one first. This will also pass.
Old 01-09-2022, 04:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I’m good. Came home yesterday morning. My husband wanted to talk but I told him I wasn’t ready. We just kept to ourselves yesterday. He just got up and took the little one to breakfast. I’m taking care of my older son, he now has Covid. Hoping no one else in the household gets it…..

Thank you all for your concern and advice.
Old 01-09-2022, 05:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have been thinking about you. I hope you are doing okay and are taking care of yourself as well. You have a lot going on. I wish you the very best.
Old 01-09-2022, 07:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thinking about you, Jillian and hoping that you have had a conversation with your husband. Wishing your son a speedy recovery, also.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Im glad you made it home and are safe. Space is good in these types of situations.
I am sorry to hear you have COVID and I do hope your recovery is quick. Take care of you.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
I’m good. Came home yesterday morning. My husband wanted to talk but I told him I wasn’t ready. We just kept to ourselves yesterday. He just got up and took the little one to breakfast. I’m taking care of my older son, he now has Covid. Hoping no one else in the household gets it…..

Thank you all for your concern and advice.
Good to hear that. Hey, just a suggestion - I have heard counseling is effective sometimes. You could try booking few sessions and see if it helps. You deserve all the respect and love, no doubt. Also, there could be things that you can be doing that would help as well. Counselors might get to know these things from both of you and give you guys actionable ideas.
Old 01-09-2022, 09:39 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Counseling with one person in active addiction generally isn’t recommended, but what about some individual counseling support for you?
Old 01-09-2022, 01:56 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

And he's probably resentful that you succeeded in stopping drinking. That lonely single paper bag you found in the truck speaks volumes to me.

Stay safe.
Old 01-10-2022, 03:08 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Darn it Jillian, really sorry to hear this. Really proud of you to immediately remove yourself from this situation. His behavior is unacceptable and if it were to continue you might make more permanent actions. Best wishes.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
Good to hear that. Hey, just a suggestion - I have heard counseling is effective sometimes. You could try booking few sessions and see if it helps. You deserve all the respect and love, no doubt. Also, there could be things that you can be doing that would help as well. Counselors might get to know these things from both of you and give you guys actionable ideas.
I actually have an appt with my therapist tomorrow. Hubby and I still haven’t talked. I’m pretty depressed. But still sober.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Great. Please take him as well. Sometimes I can tell you, men tend to listen more attentively to a professional than loved ones. Maybe all he needs is someone other than you to analyze the situation objectively and lay out a plan for both of you to resolve the key issues. This way he know he is accountable as well since a third party is involved.