Notices

Day 14 - weird dreams, still exhausted

Old 01-04-2022, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 14 - weird dreams, still exhausted

So two weeks for me ..All is OK except I’m absolutely exhausted. I don’t think it’s anything serious as I literally have no other symptoms - it’s not Covid as I did a test. I have been sleeping really badly and having very weird active, stress inducing dreams . Last night’s was that at an airport I had to get a photo for a visa in order to catch a flight for which I was already late and none of the computers worked (as I usually travel a lot for my work in Africa, this could have indeed happened to me but I don’t need make-believe stress ! ). I am also starting to worry about renewing the non molestation order against my son which has to be done mid February .., I’m going to ask the Judge if s/he can make it indefinite as I can’t be doing with this palava every year and my son shows no sign of changing … so … so I think all this is whirring around in the back of my brain and that’s why I’m tired. But 14 days huh ? Yay me !
Old 01-04-2022, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ugh, I have dreams like that sometimes, too, when I'm stressed and they are horrible. They're not nightmares, but just emotionally exhausting. 14 days of recovery is great, and I think that making the non-molestation order indefinite is a really good plan. I think you might find that it reduces your stress a lot.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I have weird dreams too, I don't usually remember them, but sometimes I do. The emotions from my weird dreams cause me stress sometimes.

Even though this is an anonymous forum, being completely honest about my dreams would cause folks to "look" at me in a different light.

Like I was recently reminded, I should not always say everything that is on me mind. Somethings are better off unsaid. My opinion.

Each new moment of sobriety is healing. The healing is small, but it is there.

Your decisions are coming from a sober view and can be trusted more than if you were still actively addicted.

Prayers for your safety from a molesting person. That is scary and nobody deserves it.

Stay clean because it just gets better. Relapse and it gets worse.

Booze is poison.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Icandothis2013 View Post
So two weeks for me ..All is OK except I’m absolutely exhausted. I don’t think it’s anything serious as I literally have no other symptoms - it’s not Covid as I did a test. I have been sleeping really badly and having very weird active, stress inducing dreams . Last night’s was that at an airport I had to get a photo for a visa in order to catch a flight for which I was already late and none of the computers worked (as I usually travel a lot for my work in Africa, this could have indeed happened to me but I don’t need make-believe stress ! ). I am also starting to worry about renewing the non molestation order against my son which has to be done mid February .., I’m going to ask the Judge if s/he can make it indefinite as I can’t be doing with this palava every year and my son shows no sign of changing … so … so I think all this is whirring around in the back of my brain and that’s why I’m tired. But 14 days huh ? Yay me !
I've been having weird dreams as well--and they are very vivid, too. I'm only on day 9, but let's hope these settle down. Congrats on 2 weeks!
Old 01-04-2022, 12:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 2 weeks ICDT

D
Old 01-04-2022, 12:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks Ican.

I think the camera in your dream is using time lapse, and photo of self still developing. Groany, groan You will make the flight!

Seriously think should approach judge to extend orders beyond 12 months, but don't know if this would be possible as courts have to think about impact on your son as well. I know it's a lot of palava, but I suppose courts need to be seen as even handed? But what would I know, beyond simply remaining sober?

A whole fortnight Ican. I like using 'fortnight' here, mix the lingo.
Old 01-04-2022, 01:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A fortnight , yes ! :-) xx
Old 01-04-2022, 01:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Ican - well done on 2 weeks!

you are not alone with the weird dreams! Mine get progressively more real and more intense the longer I stay sober, specially in the first few months (it s like a pattern, happens every time).

They are not all bad ones, lots are interesting actually, in my completely non scientific guess I think the absence of alcohol allows our heads to be more active, including the sub conscious part.

Any psychiatrists in the house to confirm?
Old 01-04-2022, 03:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My expertise on the subject of dreams is brought to you by the fact I wear a watch which (sort of)* records not only how long I sleep but the duration of each stage, i.e. deep sleep, light sleep, REM and awake. Apparently, we dream more during the REM phase. With sober sleep, we supposedly get more REM sleep, so my theory is that sober sleep means more dreams.

Anyone who’s seen their pet dog twitching whilst it sleeps knows that animals dream too. I wouldn’t place any importance on dreams which are random electrical impulses I guess.

ICDT, you need a few days break from all this. You can’t relax with all this going on. You’re doing really well, though, with the 14 days 🙂

* I like my watch, but one time I went to the dentist to get some cosmetic work done (more mid life crisis expense) and sat perfectly still whilst the dentist went in with his grinder. My watch later showed I was asleep for an hour 🤣

Old 01-04-2022, 08:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I get them too Ican. Almost real life, but often with an odd twist. I mostly enjoy waking up from them as I enjoy that they are vivid and I like to ponder the meaning before they fade. I think you're doing really well. Def agree about the year's extension.