Notices

Day 50

Old 01-02-2022, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 50

Good day all! Unbelievable that I have reached this milestone, something that I had not been able to do in the last 17 years. I could not have done this without all your support and guidance.

In these 50 days, I have learned that I can handle stress without drinking and realized a host of benefits that include:

* Deepest sleep, no waking up at 3 AM with hot sweat and palpitations
* Much flatter tummy ( reduced from 38.5 to 36.5 inches), no bloating, no cramping
* More time at my disposal. I am using this time to go to the gym, apply and prep for jobs, spend time with kids, help my wife etc.
* Lot more energy, feel like doing something useful and generally feel happy
* Clarity in thinking, able to focus much better and for longer periods

Only downside I see for now is my craving for sugar/carbs especially in the evening. If anyone can advise on how to tackle this, I will be thankful. Have a great day/evening folks!!
Old 01-02-2022, 10:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on fifty days sober! As to the sugar, I have no advice cause when I had sugar cravings, I indulged them, figuring it was better than wine.
Old 01-02-2022, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Agree with you, sugar is better. Thank you, Least!!
Old 01-02-2022, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I’m pretty sure I eat way more chocolate now than I ever did as a drinker. It’s not really OK as we all know that sugar is unhealthy, but what the hell! I’m talking 3 or maybe even 4 choc bars a week. Compared to my dark days alcohol intake, it barely registers. I’d keep an eye on things, calm. If your weight creeps up, you can always cut back on the bad stuff.

And, of course, well done on 50 days! I had a mahoosive craving on day 55 after a mini crisis, but after that things stabilised. Continue with the good work and be wary 🙂
Old 01-02-2022, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am eating sweets like starbursts and this keto ice cream called Rebel but I feel like its been in moderation. I'll take that over the insane amounts of Jim Beam I was drinking on a daily and weekly basis.
Old 01-02-2022, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

btw - congrats to calm on 50 days, that is awesome !!
Old 01-02-2022, 12:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your milestone calmself

D
Old 01-02-2022, 12:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 50!!!
Old 01-02-2022, 12:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 50 is great, Calmself and I'm glad you're seeing positive results.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Awesome post calm!

Must say the sugar I take is higher than usual here too and needs to be addressed at some point !
Old 01-02-2022, 03:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 days!
Regarding sugar - in the evenings I allow myself one large peanut butter and banana on toast ( delicious) and then I have found this yummy mango flavour gum which I chew sometimes 3 or 4 bits at a a time -
the whole chewing thing releases endorphins and is a good way to sooth and calm anxiety - also stops me eating any more!
Old 01-02-2022, 03:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dustyfox View Post
Congrats on 50 days!
Regarding sugar - in the evenings I allow myself one large peanut butter and banana on toast ( delicious) and then I have found this yummy mango flavour gum which I chew sometimes 3 or 4 bits at a a time -
the whole chewing thing releases endorphins and is a good way to sooth and calm anxiety - also stops me eating any more!
Thanks all for your wishes, support and your inputs! SR is the key to my career growth, health and family wellness.

Dusty, Thanks much. Maybe the gum will help reduce cravings for me as well. Will get Juicy Fruit today ! By the way, I don't like peanut butter, but Bananas on toast seems like a good idea!