Notices

Day 12 … Prioritising self-care !

Old 01-02-2022, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 12 … Prioritising self-care !

An early check in on Day 12 .. still a bit tired but no Covid so I must just be … well, tired. Was going to go for a walk but it’s threatening rain and thunder. So I decided to clean up some more and make my flat really lovely. I do think it’s sooo important to have somewhere gorgeous to live (all this goes to pot when I’m drinking.. but no more!). Then I cleaned some silver jewellery I have from North and West Africa. It’s very beautiful….so that made me feel better.
Tonight I have a Zoom dinner party with my friend and her husband. I have marinated some chicken and will make a mango and avocado salad and black beans and rice .. Mexico meets the Caribbean ha ha ! So it all seems a bit idyllic BUT work starts tomorrow and I am late with a report I should have done in the holidays. But to be honest, I don’t feel bad about it as this intensive level of self care was really important to get me back on track. Next week will be challenging ..I love my work but not the pressure I have now created through my own doing. Drink won’t feature though. I’m truly done with that. If I priorités self care and ME, I’ll get through.
Old 01-02-2022, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope your energy comes back soon ICDT. Congrats on day 12!
D
Old 01-02-2022, 01:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great to hear you are done with the drink Ican. Now the grog is out of the way we can do anything we want.

Reminds me of an old bloke I met in AA years ago. (I don't go to meetings anymore. )

He said, "you can do anything in the world you want.....except drink."

Sounded like a pretty good deal to me.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is indeed an excellent deal !
Old 01-02-2022, 02:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I totally understand ICDT the tiredness 😩 I took a while to get over it. I went to bed so early in the beginning always feeling groggy and dizzy at times, but it gets better and sleeping well is so satisfying. Stay strong.