Notices

Day 1 for the millionth time ! :-(

Old 12-22-2021, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 for the millionth time ! :-(

So Day 1 for me again. Drank for seven days or so as was stressed about Covid in the UK, Christmas and my son ( haven't heard from him..,just hoping he’s vaccinated and staying safe)…and of course drinking made all my thoughts about those things worse and more depressed. However, I have promised a SR buddy that I will message them before picking up and not give in to my lizard brain ! Onwards !
Old 12-22-2021, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi ICDT. You can get this figured out. Welcome back.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and not giving up.
Old 12-22-2021, 11:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Onwards it is! You can do this.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are still here and still trying.....this time it can really stick you....just try and keep things in the day and love to you xxx
Old 12-22-2021, 12:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m glad you're back too ICDT.
Think about what you can do different this time…think about how else you might approach fear and uncertainty sorrow and things like that...think about ways you can really make this quit stick

D
Old 12-22-2021, 01:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Coming back for another shot with a million failed shots behind you, tells me you want this to end Ican. Just got to wrap your head around the certainty that it will never work. There is no escape. You'll get stuck in the tunnel.

Navigate the fear sober, Ican. I didn't get to escape, but I'm learning how to own the key.

You can get sober ican. Lasting sober.

Old 12-22-2021, 02:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Something that I added to this quit smoking attempt was to set a countdown timer for when it will be better. No matter what you are addicted to it can't hold you forever if you don't use. At some point you won't need it and you will have your freedom.

I set my timer for three months but smoking has a shorter recovery timeline than alcohol. If I were to set a countdown timers for my recovery from alcohol they would have been at six months, one year and two years. Those amounts of time clean ended up being milestones.
Old 12-22-2021, 02:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi ICDT, the UK media has gone into overdrive with this current situation. I’ve cancelled my TV licence, I don’t read the news and I avoid negative people (that’s negative as in mindset and not the other meaning 🤣 ). I did, however, catch a shocking local news story that alcohol-related health problems are on the increase, which is not surprising as people are working from home (drinking more) or isolating (drinking more). I would just switch off the news. OK, that doesn’t help with your son situation, but it’s a start. We’re very very likely to have restrictions after Xmas, you really need to have a plan to not drink. Sorry to be reading this.

Old 12-23-2021, 02:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

There is a wonderful life available in sobriety and recovery. A life without shame and guilt 🙏