Notices

UK Essex

Old 01-04-2022, 11:59 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Still fighting fit I'm doing so much better than I had imagined. It helps checking in to the forum without doubt or equivocation.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:19 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nods View Post
Still fighting fit I'm doing so much better than I had imagined. It helps checking in to the forum without doubt or equivocation.
This what I have done as well. I stepped away for a short bit, was in a major funk, and started to spiral down. I came back found the support that I needed and still need. SR has helped on many levels..Not just with the drinking. Have a great day/night.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:41 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
This what I have done as well. I stepped away for a short bit, was in a major funk, and started to spiral down. I came back found the support that I needed and still need. SR has helped on many levels..Not just with the drinking. Have a great day/night.
Hope all is well.
I'm fighting through with great rewardWhat have you been up to?
Old 01-05-2022, 01:55 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Besides helping my MIL and Mom I have been walking a lot, doing weight workouts, riding my fat tire bike ( I have studs on the tires to help when it snows or is icy) , going on short hikes. Nothing significant compared to CO standards where I lived for 26 but nice none the less. How about you?
Old 01-06-2022, 01:05 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Besides helping my MIL and Mom I have been walking a lot, doing weight workouts, riding my fat tire bike ( I have studs on the tires to help when it snows or is icy) , going on short hikes. Nothing significant compared to CO standards where I lived for 26 but nice none the less. How about you?
Thrown myself into work and projects. Loving my animals and chatting to a nice girl I met out the blue. Life takes off in all forms once you put the old glass down.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:45 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Well said Nods
Old 01-07-2022, 01:56 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Well said Nods
two weeks tomorrow this fight goes on. Hope all well?
Old 01-07-2022, 04:36 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

As well as I can be..I feel pretty yucky after getting the booster shot yesterday. I hope to feel better by tomorrow so I can play paddle tennis outside in the snow. :-)
Good for you on 2 weeks!!! That is great!
Old 01-08-2022, 10:16 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

As well as I can be..I feel pretty yucky after getting the booster shot yesterday. I hope to feel better by tomorrow so I can play paddle tennis outside in the snow. :-)
Good for you on 2 weeks!!! That is great!
With the greatest of respect why are you taking that ****. I've had none and wouldn't touch it. ❤️
Old 01-08-2022, 11:19 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Long story short, for work. I was working at the time and was required to get the shots as I worked in health care. I may have to go back in a bit and it will be required. I am currently living with my MIL to help her out, helping my Mom, and visiting my FIL in a nursing home. My MIL is huge with getting the shots. I am not a huge fan of it that is for sure. I have some other friends who would have lost their jobs if they did not get the vaccine. Heck...even before all of this they would make us wear masks all day if we refused to get the flu vaccine from October through May.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:26 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nods,

I know you’re new here. You too Alpine

'Vaxxed or not' is a topic for other websites and forums.
Our time here in SR is best served focused on recovery and the things that bring us together.

2.Outside Agendas: No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Limited references are allowed, but the forums should not be used to convert others. Do not post content or links or materials to and from sites that flame someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program/method. It is inappropriate to promote the use of alcohol or drugs on our addiction recovery forums.
Please move on to another topic.
Thanks

Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 01-08-2022, 03:39 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Stay strong Nods, just think you are now over 2 weeks!! That is huge. Do you have a plan in place in case AV comes at you? I think I mentioned it before..I try to keep myself very busy/active with exercising, hobbies, cleaning or whatever it takes. Usually the AV goes away fairly quickly for me. I just have to remain focused as I know I can not just have one drink..It is slippery slope for me.
Old 01-10-2022, 12:35 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Stay strong Nods, just think you are now over 2 weeks!! That is huge. Do you have a plan in place in case AV comes at you? I think I mentioned it before..I try to keep myself very busy/active with exercising, hobbies, cleaning or whatever it takes. Usually the AV goes away fairly quickly for me. I just have to remain focused as I know I can not just have one drink..It is slippery slope for me.
Morning alpineHow are you?
Things ok here, dry as a bone in alcohol and weather.
Each day brings strength. Having done this twice before gives great motivation. X
Old 01-10-2022, 04:43 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Doing well, I am trying to keep myself busy. I was in a kind of a bummy mood yesterday and this morning but did not drink nor have the desire to drink. I would rather be in a bummy mood due to outside forces vs drinking and making myself feel even worse. Good for you for more dry days.