Notices

UK Essex

Old 12-22-2021, 02:54 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Doing well Nods. Do not let setbacks cause more setbacks. I have had several too and am now refocused. We can do this my friend. I come here several times a day to either check-in or post and have found a lot of support here.
How are you?
Old 12-22-2021, 03:37 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you get the urge to drink, come here and post about it and we'll do our best to talk you out of it.
Old 12-23-2021, 12:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Doing well Nods. Do not let setbacks cause more setbacks. I have had several too and am now refocused. We can do this my friend. I come here several times a day to either check-in or post and have found a lot of support here.
How are you?
I'm fine thanks. I'm buying gold and silver currently as when the financial crash arrives that may help.

You could say I'm so far down the rabbit hole but I actually believe I'm in the 4 or 5 dimension as I'm already awake. What's coming is going to be meteoric.

Are you in UK?
Old 12-23-2021, 05:52 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Nope, not in the UK. I hope this post finds you well and keep me in mind when the big crash happens. LOL. Just kidding. My husband is pretty savvy with financial things, it is one of his hobbies.
Old 12-24-2021, 09:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

How are you Nods?
Old 12-24-2021, 04:06 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

How is going Nods?
I no longer watch much live TV - just choose Netflix or amazon dramas or documentary's I want to see.
All my news is from the radio.
There is no other way but forward into sobriety and life becoming so much more meaningful.
Old 12-24-2021, 04:25 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

How you doing Nods?

Is tin worth buying?
Old 12-26-2021, 02:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
How you doing Nods?

Is tin worth buying?
My resolve is pants. I hate failing and admitting it on here but I'm at the mercy of a devil. All words of support welcomed.... ❤️
Old 12-26-2021, 02:30 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'll bet most who quit for good endured a false start or two. I certainly have but I'm determined never to drink again and there is inspirational all around us on SR. You really can do this
Old 12-26-2021, 02:39 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many of us faltered a time or two nods, including me.
Each time I relapsed, I became more and more prepared to try more more things to stay sober.

Think about what you’ve tried so far, and think about maybe what you’d be prepared to do now. This particular battle may be over but the war is still to be won

D
Old 12-26-2021, 03:28 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Many of us faltered a time or two nods, including me.
Each time I relapsed, I became more and more prepared to try more more things to stay sober.

Think about what you’ve tried so far, and think about maybe what you’d be prepared to do now. This particular battle may be over but the war is still to be won

D
Thank you Dee.
My excuses are limitless apparently
Old 12-26-2021, 05:29 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

You can get this figured out Nods. I'm going to give you my humble opinion that planning for the coming apocalypse is NOT good for your efforts towards sobriety. We should all be prudent in all things, and I suspect that you are Nods. But if our headspace includes a socio-economic tsunami darkening the horizon and barreling towards us, why not drink right? That is my only fear for your current mindset Nods.

My only suggestion is that you devote at least as much energy to getting yourself sober and healthy and in good recovery - things you know for a certain fact will improve your life - as you do to fretting over things you don't know with such certainty.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:40 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
You can get this figured out Nods. I'm going to give you my humble opinion that planning for the coming apocalypse is NOT good for your efforts towards sobriety. We should all be prudent in all things, and I suspect that you are Nods. But if our headspace includes a socio-economic tsunami darkening the horizon and barreling towards us, why not drink right? That is my only fear for your current mindset Nods.

My only suggestion is that you devote at least as much energy to getting yourself sober and healthy and in good recovery - things you know for a certain fact will improve your life - as you do to fretting over things you don't know with such certainty.
Tis clear English you speak and you are spot on about me thinking oh blow it everyday in relation to my beliefs. Look I have got to get on top of this again, I know what it was like to be living a proper life. Living for your next hit is tiring as many describe it.

Old 12-26-2021, 07:35 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I certainly had a few setbacks and at times focused on the negative behavior/actions that I was doing to myself and others around me. I foolishly thought my drinking was not impacting the people around me or myself. I was 100 percent wrong and only fooling myself. I switched my mindset and I am highly focused on staying sober. I tend to be a driven person. You CAN do this. As I said before and I am sure everyone would say they same I am hear to listen even if that is all you want or need. No judgements at all my friend.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:30 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nods View Post
The complexities of our stories is mind boggling. Are you in the UK?

I can add to my original opening of my story. I met my ex fiance whilst a drinker (I find it easy to attract girls to my crazy drunk world). I was with a girl I truly loved and got engaged, then I decided to quit drinking and about a year in Id started having gut feelings that the relationship wasn't right ....I can only explain it in the following way. I went on a journey and came out a different person. I ended the relationship, covid came, my dad started to get I'll and she was still constantly part of my life which I went along with. We got back together and of course I was now drinking again so it all was going ok. I thought I'd carry on drinking as things with me and her were ok. A year later she left me for someone else and Ive ended up hurt. I don't know if there is a lesson here but what I'm saying is I need to be clean when I meet my next partner....so it's real you know.
Hi Nods - I have a similar story. By the time I stopped drinking in 2016 I was married with two little kids around my early 30’s. I had been with their mum since early 20’s, and throughout that period I was either drinking or doing drugs heavily. At that point the relationship was a mess, and as I got more clarity and changed myself over the 18 months that followed, we ended up getting divorced.

I met someone else after, not 100% clean but at that point I wasn’t drinking much at all, so I could see the decision clearly and we are still strong 3 year after (I messed up with drinking again as it eventually got out of hand, but that’s another story).

So my point is that you are right, hang in there, stay clean, and be honest with yourself, you’ll then gravitate towards the things and the people you are meant to have in your life.

Best wishes

Mr P
Old 12-26-2021, 02:34 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrPL View Post
Hi Nods - I have a similar story. By the time I stopped drinking in 2016 I was married with two little kids around my early 30’s. I had been with their mum since early 20’s, and throughout that period I was either drinking or doing drugs heavily. At that point the relationship was a mess, and as I got more clarity and changed myself over the 18 months that followed, we ended up getting divorced.

I met someone else after, not 100% clean but at that point I wasn’t drinking much at all, so I could see the decision clearly and we are still strong 3 year after (I messed up with drinking again as it eventually got out of hand, but that’s another story).

So my point is that you are right, hang in there, stay clean, and be honest with yourself, you’ll then gravitate towards the things and the people you are meant to have in your life.

Best wishes

Mr P
Amen brother and boy is it good to hear a similar tale.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:18 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nods View Post
I'm fine thanks. I'm buying gold and silver currently as when the financial crash arrives that may help.

You could say I'm so far down the rabbit hole but I actually believe I'm in the 4 or 5 dimension as I'm already awake. What's coming is going to be meteoric.

Are you in UK?
Nods, in my experience, awakening is a loooooong journey. And in some ways, it never ends. But it's great to have started the journey. We are all a work in progress.

I found alcohol well and truly got in the way of my awakening path. It's a poison to my mind, spirit and body.
Old 12-27-2021, 02:16 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissPerfumado View Post
Nods, in my experience, awakening is a loooooong journey. And in some ways, it never ends. But it's great to have started the journey. We are all a work in progress.

I found alcohol well and truly got in the way of my awakening path. It's a poison to my mind, spirit and body.

27 is a perceived lucky number for me in some strange way.

Morning all
Old 12-27-2021, 07:09 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I hope the 27 works for you today Nods if it is your lucky number!!!
Old 12-27-2021, 08:33 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
I hope the 27 works for you today Nods if it is your lucky number!!!
Day two is now coming to close and not a sniff of booze has come close to my nose 👍