Notices

Was doing well

Old 12-14-2021, 09:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Samantha

Holy can I ever relate to this. Alcohol is horrendous. I cannot believe how easy it is to pick up a drink.
I'm sorry you drank. I'm on day 2 today.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

How are you feeling now, Ekohe?

Anxious - It's great you're on Day 2. Things will improve soon.
Old 12-14-2021, 11:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Keep on reading and keep on posting Anxious.. the more you get involved at SR, the more you will learn how to deal with your troubles. Take it at your own pace and don't be afraid to ask for help. All of us on here remember what it was like in your position and are only too glad to help as best we can.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Here and now

I've been okay today, but am reflecting on all the time I've wasted over the years. All that precious time, hits hard.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Don't do it, Ekohe. I wasted so much time filled with regret & remorse. It's ok to think of it once in a while - it helps keep us straight - but please don't wander around in the past. What matters is what happens now.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ekohe, you are right where you should be now, as we all are. Don't waste time regretting what's happened, but rather make sure you stay on track and be the best person you can be.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ekohe View Post
I've been okay today, but am reflecting on all the time I've wasted over the years. All that precious time, hits hard.
Maybe you should start thinking that it took that to get you where you are today. For me I feel there is such a contrast between my darkest days and the opportunity I've been given now. The contrast wouldnt be as stark if I hadnt gone through the hard times. I try to make the most out of the opportunity I've now given myself and the lessons of the past are indespensible. If I hadnt gone through my experience, I wouldnt have the tools I need to make things better than I ever thought possible. Use your past, turn it into a positive, that's what I'll be trying to do.
Old 12-15-2021, 04:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. I am just recently starting this journey and have had some slipups. Keep focused, we can do this. Dee thanks for saying ..Its the first drink not the last one. That hit home.