Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

If this weekend was like others - Weekenders 03 - 06 December 2021

Notices

If this weekend was like others - Weekenders 03 - 06 December 2021

Old 12-02-2021, 08:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Robbie, love that avatar 🎄🎄🎄
Old 12-02-2021, 08:59 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The neighbor kid finally got my text and came over to take Billie out. He's pretty good about coming when he's supposed to. He likes earning about $20 a week for doing so little. It's worth it to me to know that she's able to relieve herself at regular intervals so she's not uncomfortable.

I just noticed how so many letters are worn off my keyboard. My fingers know where they are tho,
Old 12-02-2021, 09:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning, Evening and Good day Weekenders

Least it could be a scammer who is using her identity maybe. good move on not acting on it.

Aly, Duck egg blue sounds a good choice. You’ll love it I’m sure.

Marty I’ve a light sage green on my bedroom walls. It is a peaceful colour too. Liked it that much it spilled out into the hall walls.

Saou, I was wondering how CaptainHaddock was and trying to think if he’d said he was going on holiday or something. Hope you’re ok Captain.

I woke up from a deep sleep dream and felt so disoriented for a while. Gosh the brain is amazing how it portrays dreams so vividly and colourful. It’s left me with a thick head but thankfully it’s a sober thick head.

I’m at physio this morning and Aly has given me an idea. With the PT’s checking you helping your mom, Aly.
Mr. Mags is always wanting to help with my exercises (even if it’s to make me do more.!) and up to now I won’t let him. But if I was able to take him with me and they show him how they twist my wrist sort of, he could probably help. I dunno. I’ll think about it. He’s got a lot of common sense and good knowledge of first aid but physio…I don’t know. I trust him though, that’s some of the battle.

Love to all. xxxx
Old 12-02-2021, 09:15 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Free

Least, if you think about it your neighbour’s kid is not doing so little. You’ve entrusted him with your most precious Billie. Money well spent.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

no problems here Free - thanks
Old 12-02-2021, 09:46 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

End of day 20 - cool Thursday. Good night!
Old 12-02-2021, 10:39 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Magsie

Nice one calmself! Sweet dreams
Old 12-02-2021, 10:43 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Well done Calmness.

Sao I have been wondering about Captain too. I did see him sign in last week but he didn't post. Best wishes Captain.

Mags you better keep Mr Mags sweet if you are going to let him twist your sore wrist. Good idea though.

Least I wouldn't even waste my time talking to an unfriended friend.

I'm looking for pillow recommendations, anyone?? Fed up with my lumpy bumpy thing masquerading as comfy.
Old 12-02-2021, 11:27 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily pillows I’m going to listen too! They never seem to keep their newness (softness, firmness etc.) for very long.

My cats usually get me a little gift at Christmas 🙄, last year was slipper socks, this year I’ve asked Santa to let them know I wouldn’t mind a rubiks cube…for exercise purposes of course. Cos I sure as heck won’t be able to complete it…probably.

Being with my mum-in-law a lot, I question my own brain and memory so I started doing cryptic crosswords. It’s strange that since I’ve stopped work and don’t use my brain so much that way. If I do the crosswords in a morning it’s much easier for me than the evening. Which makes sense I guess.
Old 12-02-2021, 11:46 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm wondering whether to invest in a memory foam pillow, expensive but with a 10 year guarantee. Maybe better than keep replacing cheap ones.

Oh yes, rubiks cube, I remember suggesting that to you ages ago but I don't think you were healed enough then. How is the wax bath going?

This will get your brain working

https://www.memory-improvement-tips.com/idiot-test.html
Old 12-03-2021, 12:03 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

me be here
Old 12-03-2021, 12:49 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
saoutchik

8.45am here and I have completed an order. I wish every day was like that.

I was good at the idiot test, took it three times.

I don't like memory foam mattresses. I had one once and it tried to blackmail me.

Good luck at Physio/Rehab Mags

Congratulations calmself.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:44 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'd like another weekend of recovery.....Thanks everyone for being here!

Old 12-03-2021, 01:56 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi All - gonna get a jump on my weekend commitment to not drinking! 74 days in and looking forward to my weekend!
Old 12-03-2021, 03:41 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily I couldn’t get on with memory foam pillow…it made me too hot. That test is annoying.
I’m getting on ok with the wax bath. Probably don’t use it as much as I should. It’s a clat about.

hiya Purps and Polaroid

Saou, that’s pretty good work to get your order completed early. Early finish today then
Old 12-03-2021, 06:18 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, yes it was you that suggested Rubik’s cube to me now I think of it.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:07 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I don't like memory foam mattresses. I had one once and it tried to blackmail me.
I'm sure there is a joke here but I don't get it.

Mags I have heard that memory foam makes people too hot. I don't fancy that.

Hey Polaroid , well done on your sober time.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:47 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Mags, I hope it works out with Mr. M helping you out with your phisio! I had 2 PTs and one OT check on me to make sure I was getting my mom ready for her walk in her wheelchair correctly. She has a couple of them who watch out for her, which is nice. I'm so glad she has mostly very nice people working with her. I'm going to go over there after 10 and we'll try to go for another walk. It's not easy, but I think it helps her feel better than laying in bed all day. Plus I think it helps her recovery.
My sister actually wrote me a text and wanted to know if I wanted her to come over and help with the bills. I got a bunch more bills the last few days. Sheesh! God bless her for being there. Sometimes letting Go and Letting God really works. I'm so glad she has been there for me. I'll go pick her up after my visit with mom. I haven't been talking to my other sister much. She's so negative and difficult sometimes. I love her and would like a relationship with her, but she is tough sometimes. Quite judgmental and with all this stuff going on, it's hard to listen to. I have to take care of myself and she really drains me. She got a job in SF. She works at Kaiser out in the boonies and she lives near the city, although she does a lot of her work via telephone appts. She's an LCSW and she works with their Union too. She is some kind of elected official. It keeps her busy. She's still at the same place, just a more convenient location for her now. I'm happy for her. I need to call her. 💗
Love and peace to all of you! ☮☪✝💞💫
Old 12-03-2021, 08:12 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I'm on fb having a conversation with an unfriended "friend" She's trying to get me to buy into a scam where I pay "taxes" and "clearance fees" up front in order to get a lot of money 'later'. Yeah, right. I've been fooled before, but I won't be fooled again.
Some friend, least. Awful.

Kaily, memory foam makes me hot, too.

Mags, I am looking for the Recovery poem. It is buried in computer land somewhere.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:26 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

If I knew how to put songs on here, I'd put the Who's, Won't Get Fooled Again. We can get by just fine without those kind of friends!
Least, I hope you are feeling better. I can't wait until you and Billie can walk again. I know how much you two enjoyed that. My right leg and back are really bothering me too and it hurts to walk as well. It's a major pain in the tail. My PA said yesterday the ablation can take as much as 8 weeks to kick in and same with a pulled muscle. I pulled something. I'm limping and I wish I wasn't!
Love and peace to my dear friend.