Notices

I知 drunk

Old 11-30-2021, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I知 drunk

I went 6 days without drinking. I was super human but also wanting drink at certain times. Ah ****. If alcohol was a person I would strangle the life out of it just as it had done with me. Good night folks obviously I知 going to drink myself into oblivion. It痴 not a good way of life at all. I will be sober someday Iv not given up on that NEVER. I知 a fighter I don稚 understand the word of giving up. Actually I do I love a challenge
Old 11-30-2021, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Maybe post again tomorrow with renewed determination, Disser. Sounds like you didn't enjoy it at all. At the end of my drinking days all it did was make me edgy & miserable. We believe in you & know you can kick this. You'll be sober again soon.
Old 11-30-2021, 06:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Never give up! Try again tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2021, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I’m hung over still hungover from last evening. Please remember how awful drinking feels!
Old 11-30-2021, 06:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you post again tomorrow Disser.
At some point you’ve got to accept that what
you’re doing isn’t working?

D
Old 11-30-2021, 08:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Did you ever go to that AA meeting you were gonna try?
Old 11-30-2021, 09:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Disser View Post
I went 6 days without drinking. I was super human but also wanting drink at certain times. Ah ****. If alcohol was a person I would strangle the life out of it just as it had done with me. Good night folks obviously I知 going to drink myself into oblivion. It痴 not a good way of life at all. I will be sober someday Iv not given up on that NEVER. I知 a fighter I don稚 understand the word of giving up. Actually I do I love a challenge
hiya. Keep trying until it sticks. It's good that you are a fighter, I too have fought so hard. In the end though, alcohol remains with the same strength, and we only get weaker. I have found it to remove positive personality traits, sense of humour, opinions, thirst for knowledge, healthy ego - the lot, it all just goes. Frightening. But I still found myself returning again and again, and again. This is the pure insanity of it. I wish you well and hope that you find the courage and motivation to start again soon.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sending the sober turkey to pick you up Disser! Get right back on that little sucker and keep going.

Old 11-30-2021, 10:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Love the animated Sober Turkey! Drinking can be a lot of fun there is a reason why so many people do it the problem is at some point the cost of drinking far out weighs the short term enjoyment it brings. For me I don't enjoy having a few drinks than stopping, I like to get blasted and then use other substances to go further. I no longer delude my self with well I will just have a few then go home as even if that was possible I wouldn't want to do it.

While I am only back on day 7 but the number of days that I have been drinking is becoming far less. Accepting moderation is not fun/doesn't work has helped me a lot. When I go out I have no delusions that it will be a dumb regretful night. Not great but this is just my 2 cents!
Old 11-30-2021, 10:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hope you’ll post again tomorrow Disser, you can do this.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Being a fighter is a good thing, most of the time. I'm a fighter. I fought to stay drunk for 25 years. I fought to try to find a way that I could continue to drink. I'll save you some pain if you hear what I'm saying.

You can have every intension of continuing to fight -to or not to drink, and keep drinking, until one day your body quits. It will make the choice for you. I would start every day intending on fighting this illness and everyday, I would end up getting plowed. Then I would get angry with myself before I would pass out and recommit to quitting tomorrow-again. Wash, rinse, repeat. See what I'm saying? Until one day my organs started to fail.

I think I got as close as one can get to death without actually flatlining from this garbage. I was in ICU for a week. I don't remember that week or the seizure I had right before my neighbor picked me up and rushed me to the ER.

That was almost 6 years ago.

From one fighter to another- This fight to keep living this way is gonna end badly. Eventually, if we don't walk away from this illness-disease-whatever you want to call it. It will end your life. I wished that I could give everyone the clarity I felt when the dr told me that I could get drunk again-but I'd never recover from it again. I had to go to that place-that hell- that death-to get to this wonderful-beautiful life I have now. I hope you don't have to go that far.

This is the only disease that will try to convince you that you're not that sick. That's the insidious nature of this illness. You, however can chose to start to recover and KEEP recovering and put this behind you. To do that you gotta grind out early sobriety. Most people never hang in long enough to see the miracle that life can turn out to be.

If you've got it in you, fight for your life. Like Vince Lombardi said "It not about how many times you get knocked down, but whether you get back up" You gotta make the decision that you wanna be sober more than you wanna be drunk and live that.

In early sobriety I always asked myself with every decision I had to make "Is this good for my sobriety or bad for my sobriety?" If it's bad, it's gotta go. We never know when this will be our last shot. My last relapse lasted almost 4 years. I hope this is the last time you ever have to feel like this.

Give yourself a chance to heal. Grind out a relentless hunger for life. Be like iron if you have to be. If you're the same kind of fighter I am, you'll do it even when it hurts. When you think you can't. When you don't want to. Even when you don't think you can handle it anymore.

You'll do it because you want to live more than you want to die.

You'll never meet anyone with long term sobriety tell you they regret getting sober.

Hang in there.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I hope you come back today and start a day 1. I am only on day 3 but I will stay sober with you today.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Grab a hold a some sober folks who learned
how to live life a day at a time and don't let
go.

Replace the word never to just for today and
keep coming back, because it does work if you
work it like so many before us.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Disser, I hope you can get the strength tomorrow to stop. It sounds like you want to stop, hopefully tomorrow can be that day.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
Did you ever go to that AA meeting you were gonna try?
yeah I go regularly now
Old 12-01-2021, 05:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

How are you this morning Disser?

The fighter mentality can work for you and against you. Does your fighting spirit still insist that there IS a way to manage drinking and to conclude otherwise makes you a quitter and not a fighter? That part of being a fighter can really harm you because like many fighters, they brings knives to gunfights and are roundly outmatched.

I hope you can do some self-care today and start healing up and have this be your last Day 1.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking of you, Disser.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Disser View Post
yeah I go regularly now
Way to go, man. You can do this.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I’m a fighter I don’t understand the word of giving up. Actually I do I love a challenge

This didn't work for me, I tried it for years. I got my assed kicked over and over.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Drink some water, my friend.
You have work to do.