Notices

Another part of life

Old 11-29-2021, 05:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another part of life

It's been a few. Today I work on day 564. Thanksgiving was a day I'll remember. A family member of mine lost there battle to COVID-19 that day. We had a Thanksgiving dinner as planned no drinking involved. We all felt it deep you could see the redness in my family eyes from the crying. But as a family we stood strong and supported each other during these times. Another member of my family has recovered from COVID-19 during this time so we are very grateful. Life can be hard when you lose people you love. The last few days have been quiet. But then we received some good news for the family we have another member to welcome to the world. In the past I would have crumble and went straight to the bottle or anything to numb the pain. But not anymore. I am here sober and still putting in the work. Sometimes life hits you out of no where. Stand firm on the foundation you built in recovery and the storm will pass. And the sun will shine again.
Old 11-29-2021, 05:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry for your loss, stickyone. Also, congrats on the news of a new family member! 564 days is amazing, good for you, and for staying strong and present during the hard times. Thank you for your post.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good work staying clean and sober thru good times and bad.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stickyone, I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you spent time with your family during this difficult time.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m very very sorry for your loss StickyOne, but I’m glad you had some happy news as well.
Congratulations

D
Old 11-29-2021, 07:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So sorry for your loss. That is good you still did the dinner. Way to go on staying sober during such an intense time. Congratulations on your 564 days. Bittersweet though since you have a new life on the way.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 564 days sober 🙏
Old 11-30-2021, 12:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry to read about your loss stickyone. Congratulations on the good news about your new family member and on 564 days sober
Old 11-30-2021, 01:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss stickyone... yet congrats to the new addition to your family. If proof were needed it's a lesson to us all that life happens while we try to mend.

Youre a real inspiration that you continued your work on staying sober, the highs and lows of life can be tricky for us. You did great by staying mindful of that.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Very Sorry for your loss but your post also rather beautifully celebrated the circle of life, the new born amidst the sorrow to bring us hope - thank you and congratulations on your amazing sober time.
Old 11-30-2021, 05:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss sticky

Good work on navigating these times sober. It aint always easy but it is a better life.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry stickyone. Yeah, those times we reached for the bottle during hard times made sense didn't they? Problem is we just couldn't stop even when the crisis passed. I'm happy that your awful news was tempered with some wonderful news.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Sticky. Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my best friend to COVID in August. I have not recovered. Although I am sober almost 6 months I am not living my best life. Life is constantly presenting new challenges and I’m always a step behind it n coping with them. I know that the only chance I have however is to attempt it sober. At least I have a chance at happiness that way.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Hey Sticky. Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my best friend to COVID in August. I have not recovered. Although I am sober almost 6 months I am not living my best life. Life is constantly presenting new challenges and I’m always a step behind it n coping with them. I know that the only chance I have however is to attempt it sober. At least I have a chance at happiness that way.
Thank you all for the support. BABM and also congrats on your 6 months of recovery. I went a head and posted because I wanted to bring hope to others that are in recovery that when life hits hard . No matter what you are. Going through when you wake up and take your first breath of fresh air. To me means you still have a purpose here and the opportunity is there . Goals are still achievable just keep moving forward no matter how long the steps are. You will get there. Take care