Notices

As if too drive home the message..

Old 11-27-2021, 04:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It could well have been that way, dusty.

I posted a few months ago about seeing a “normal-looking” guy taking a sneaky swig from a vodka bottle at 9am on a Saturday morning. I was in my home town which has sadly become quite rough and unsafe. I wanted to say something. All was clearly not well with that gent’s life, and he’s likely to end up in a very bad way indeed. In retrospect, yes it was a rough area, but it was daylight and I was even wearing running shoes. If he’d got nasty, I’d have had no trouble running away. But what really stopped me was having nothing prepared I could’ve said. I would’ve come across as interfering and uncaring, but I really did care about that guy’s future at that point in time. The moment passed, and I’m quite sure that guy’s had two or more bottles of vodka today and every day since then. I hope next time I come across such a situation, I’ll say something.

Old 11-28-2021, 03:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I wish I could thank all the people who have carried me home from the bars, helped my friends get me out to their cars, picked me up when I fell down over the years. You did a good thing!