Notices

What are you thankful for?

Old 11-25-2021, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What are you thankful for?

I will start. I am thankful that I don't drink anymore and have a good plan in place to keep it that way. This is where my gratitude practice always starts, because without that foundation everything else is at risk.

After that, the list is endless, even when it doesn't seem that way.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am thankful I stopped drinking and made a plan to stay stopped.

I am thankful I opened my mind and heart to help and listening to others and accepting my weaknesses rather than feeling shame.

I am thankful that I am growing into the person I want to be.

I am thankful for SR and the steady, kind and compassionate people here who always want to help.

Old 11-25-2021, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nez

Grateful that I am alive, sober, and get the opportunity to type this post and to share with others in the recovery community.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Today I am thankful that me and my loved ones have been relatively untouched--health wise--by Covid and can get together this Thanksgiving. Every day I'm thankful for my sobriety.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm grateful that I got another chance at life and didn't completely lose it to addiction. I am grateful to be reasonably healthy, and to have received good results from recent lab work. I'm grateful for the new job I just started Monday.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm thankful for my life. My sobriety, my family and my sober family. I have a gratitude list a mile long. I'm so grateful for my last chance. I know most who went as far as I did don't get it. I'm doing my best to make a life worth being proud of. I'm living the polar opposite of hopelessness which is where I was at the end of my drinking. I'm so grateful to God and this group of people.
Happy thanksgiving everyone.
Old 11-25-2021, 12:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

1. I am thankful for my sobriety (88 days today!) and the continuous recovery of my mind, body, and spirit.
2. I am thankful for this sober recovery community. Even if I don't log on or post, you all come into my memory when I feel anxious, weak, and in need of support. I feel your kindness, compassion, and support in my heart and I send the same support out from my heart!
3. I am thankful for my two sweet fur-baby kitties, who snuggle me when the tears fall, and whom I am a better kitty-mama to because I am sober!
4. I am thankful to be working again, after losing all of my work due to COVID. I am thankful that I was honest at work about my sobriety, and I am grateful to have met coworkers who support me and are also sober themselves!
5. I am thankful that I did not drink myself to death, and that I understand without a doubt, that not drinking=living LIFE!!!
Old 11-25-2021, 03:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am thankful that I found this awesome community of very generous people. I am thankful I have finally seen the light of sobriety and that I can learn and grow and discover so much more about myself and others. I am thankful every day that I am alive and have people to share my journey.
Old 11-26-2021, 12:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Life
Old 11-26-2021, 03:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brighterday1234 View Post
Life
This.

I’ll lower the tone and say I’m thankful not to have ended up like my wife’s friend who now has alcohol-related cirrhosis. No one deserves that. I was a nailed on cert to end up like that and truly believe I had two or three years of drinking left before I’d ended up seriously ill. Scary stuff, and I still can’t fully explain why my mindset did a u-turn and I quit. Maybe I was visited by aliens or something, but I’m glad it happened as I’ve got my life back.