Notices

Day 568 and I don't have anything awesome to say

Old 11-26-2021, 09:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am at 208 days and sometimes, including tonight, I feel the urge to drink because maybe this time I would be able to control it. It's that old common trap where the Addicted Voice tries to lure me back in.
Luckily I just know that I won't be able to control it. I know that once I feel that buzz I will chase more of it and drink myself into a drunken stupor. And then tomorrow I will start drinking again, while I begin planning on quitting again, which will take months or years and would be facilitated by an all new desperate low.
I just can't do it. I can't go there again. I hope this resolve continues to stay with me.
Thanks for your post.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are doing well! I remember you from the May 2019 group! I wish i was able to maintain as you have congrats!
Old 11-27-2021, 06:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

568 is awesome enough!
Old 11-27-2021, 06:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post

Sometimes, no news is good news

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
In fact I was almost ready to throw in the towel. I'm so glad I somehow came back to my senses and realized my sobriety is the one gift I've been able to give myself and I'm not ready to let that go. They say we don't have to do this alone but I have been forcing myself to do it alone.
Actually, there is quite a bit of "awesome" in that. I may have been able to do it alone. I'm not sure. I just know that when I reached out for help, things got a whole not easier and way more productive.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It's so impressive that you came for help. Congrats on 568 days, that's fantastic. I'm sure you will get your mojo back soon- good for you going to a meeting pronto. Thanks for posting.