Notices

Thanksgiving Weekenders 25-29 November 2021

Old 11-29-2021, 01:50 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I thought about doing that Andy!!! I realised I had a pint of water that’s been on my bedside table a few days so used that to make another cup of tea haha. I’ve enough for one more cuppa and after that will start collecting some snow
Old 11-29-2021, 02:17 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good idea with the snow! Who guessed it is water.

Kaily I had a box of six oddsocks bought me. They’re great, you don’t have to worry about pairing them up. A lot of my wardrobe is black. 🙄
Old 11-29-2021, 04:27 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Unfortunately snow isn't all that clean if there are fires burning anywhere near, there can be soot-particles in it.
Old 11-29-2021, 05:40 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I filled 3 large pans with snow and put them on the wood Burner to melt so got a litre of water for the kettle. And yes, Caramel…I had to pick the snow carefully lol. Luckily I live on a traffic free lane so no passing cars or people but did have to think about where any wild animals might have been. The utilities company sent an update that it’s due to an electrical fault with supply that tripped the pumps. Dunno how quick it will get fixed as the electric company are maxed out as there are villages all over the north west with no electricity at all so not sure we’ll be a priority. Hoping it rains tomorrow because that will melt the snow and ice and I’ll be able to move my car to pick up some back up supplies x
Old 11-29-2021, 06:57 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Mags, I have seen those odd socks for sale they are nice but it wouldn't sit right with me. I get a bit OCD if I can't pair my them up, even on the washing line.

I love pink socks with my walking boots.

Old 11-29-2021, 07:43 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Yeah, no need for angle grinders Kaily.

https://youtu.be/TLIppgE45wM

Old 11-29-2021, 07:55 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Dee, glad you are well. I'm paranoid of falls anymore and I took some bad ones off horses in my younger years and it didn't bother me. Seeing what this fall has done to my mom, I'm really wary. So glad it turned out well.
Doing my laundry very early. I have to go to the store and get my mom some Pepto. Her stomach is really bothering her. I wish I would have gone yesterday. I was sleeping when she called so I was out of it. Still not sleeping all that well. I'm so stressed and so worried about my mom. Dear God I hope she makes it through this.
Blessings to all of you. Have a lovely day. xxoo
Old 11-29-2021, 07:58 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I have done enough damage with the drill, can you imagine if I got my hands on an angle grinder ..

I have a man coming to look and estimate tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:00 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

So sorry things are difficult Aly. Best wishes to you and your Mum.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:33 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Thank you, Kaily. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with. I cried my eyes out when I got home. I wish I could do more.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:46 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Aly))) I'm so sorry this is so stressful for you. You're doing all you can do, don't let it worry you.

Waiting for my ride to come at 1:30 to take me to the doctor for my appt. I hope he can help me.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:02 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Good luck Least. Sending prayers.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:15 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aly, it’s a lot of worry on your shoulders. You need your sleep too. Look after you so you can be there for your mom.

Kaily, pleased you managed to have someone coming round to give you a guesstimate. Yes it’s a challenge wearing odd socks. I won’t even start on my washing line pegs.

Least, hope all goes well at the docs.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:21 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

((((Aly))); what a difficult time.

Kaily, glad someone is coming tomorrow for an estimate. I am wondering if a decorative piece of wood could be placed (glued) over the damaged area(s) and the new hardware you purchased installed over that. The door looks like a nice piece of wood; maybe the handyman could give it a light sanding, filling and staining at the same time and make it look like new. My sister loves to do that sort of thing.

Least, hope the doctor can help with the numbness, etc.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:35 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Aly you are a good daughter looking after your Mum. Tears will understandably be shed, look after you too.

Leigh, once the door handle is fitted the damage won't show. It will all be a distant memory (till my next DIY adventure).
Old 11-29-2021, 10:24 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
... I have to go to the store and get my mom some Pepto. Her stomach is really bothering her. ...
Is your mother in a hospital just now? Does her doctor/the nursing staff know about her stomach pain? Do they offer medication for that?
Wishing you strength and courage for each day.
I'm sorry for these hard times.
Take care

Old 11-29-2021, 11:51 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Yes, thank you, Caramel. She talked to a doctor who said she could have pepto. They just don't have any there? She said she feels fine now. Maybe something she ate bothered her.
The library opens tomorrow at noon and I have to get her some books. I bought her a few at the store. She's kind of fussy and reads so, so much. Thankfully it keeps her occupied. She has a lovely, lovely roommate now. I hope they get to stay together. Noon seems so late for me to go over. I'm usually there 10 am. I tried to explain some things to her about some things she said to me that made me cry and I hope we're over that.
Love to all of you and Gratitude.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:50 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

(((Aly))) it’s so hard when our loved ones are getting older and frail and unwell. Sending love and prayers for you and your dear Mom❤️

Least I hope the doctor can get you some relief from your pain

Today I am going to try again to sort some things for the charity shop. So far from two days I have put 3 books and one ceramic ornament into the box
I will need to be more ruthless lol
Old 11-29-2021, 03:23 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I hope the estimate is reasonable Kaily.

Sending positive vibes your way Aly.

Good luck least.

I made the mistake of watching the news this evening (something I hardly ever do) Everything is awful, I'm not watching it again until i'm retired.
Old 11-29-2021, 03:27 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Thank you and grateful for you all. Truly wonderful, caring people here.